BBO Discussion Forums: Slow animation in BridgeVu and NetBridgeVu - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Slow animation in BridgeVu and NetBridgeVu

#1 User is offline   Gunnar60 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-February-01, 07:06

Hi,

I know that both these programs have reached End Of Life and there is no support by BBO. But they are still useable, at least for me. One advantage is that they can be used stand alone, which Handviewer can't. To use Handviewer it's required that the LIN file is wrapped in a XML file and stored on a server to get access to it. How many of the user users can do that!!!? I also think that BridgeVU and NetBridgevU interfaces gives better info than Handviewer, at least for my use. Maybe some users here have experienced the same problem and have a solution to the problem.

To my problem: I have been used NetBridgeVu for quite some time, around 4 months without any problem.
Suddenly I started to experience slow down of the animation of the cards, it has became very very slow.
The strange thing is that sometimes it works normal and then after some time it's getting slow again, in the same session!

I running Windows 10. I have not done any changes in my setup that can be connected to the problem. I have tried to disable concurrently running program, run in compability mode and tuning Windows in different ways, but nothing has helped. I have also tried to run the programs on two other computers also with Windows 10, the problem is the same.

Anyone with deeper knowledge (Fred :-)) of the program maybe can figure out what the problem is and if something can be done?

Another thing: Why does not BBO release the source code for BridgeVu and NetBridgeVu as Open Source, so it's possible to make changes in the program?

Best Regards
Bjorn Hjalmarsson

Owner www.thebridgechannel.se and www.computerbridge.se

#2 User is offline   Gunnar60 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2021-February-02, 01:03

Really strange. Yesterday suddenly the animation started to work in NetBridgeVu and did so for the rest of the day. I restarted and it worked. This morning it was slow again! The processor load is almost zero and I have closed other concurent running programs. What is this, does not make sense!?

#3 User is offline   Gunnar60 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2021-February-03, 06:52

It seems that I am "talking" to myself :-) . But maybe some other users can have use for my findings... Anyway I have figured out a workaround for the slow animation in BridgeVu and NetBridgeVu. It seems not be related to any specific HW or Windows version. I have tested the programs on different setups and the problem is the same.

The strange thing is if I start up the a video recorder program, then the animation works as it should. Why it's is so I can't explain. Sometimes it is enough to start Edge. If I start up a second session of NetBridgevu it's is slow., very strange. It seems anyway that the other program helps the (Net)BridgeVu to get the resource needed for the animation. Something deep down in Windows. I have tried to allocate resources for the graphic in Windows to these programs, but it does not help. Maybe this can be fixed in the program, but as no support exist for these programs, nothing can be done. I think something should be done as I know that a lot of people use these programs as they can't use Handwiever due to the XML requirement. If BBO don't want to update these programs, I have a suggestion that will explian in a mail that I will send to the BBO Support, to be forwared to someone that is responsible for programs at BBO.

BR/Bjorn

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users