Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Competitive vs. Relaxed Tables

#1 User is offline   mjones133 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-January-25, 18:07

Hi folks, wondering if there's a help document explaining the difference between Starting a Relaxed Table vs. a Competitive Table? Wasn't finding anything.

Thanks?

- mike

#2 User is offline   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-January-25, 18:13

The only actual difference is that your score is compared against other tables in the same "room" (relaxed or competitive).

The relaxed room was set up to encourage a more relaxed and friendly environment, but there is nothing apart from the name that enforces behaviours to change the environment. If you are playing with three other friends, there is no difference at all. If you are playing among strangers, you might notice the relaxed room is friendlier.

#3 User is offline   mjones133 

• Pip

Posted 2021-January-25, 18:27

Thanks sfi,

So a friend was asking whether I had an explanation for why the other tables comparison doesn't appear when a friend of hers sets up the table. I thought selecting the competitive table might do it. Guess not. Is there another setting you know of that would explain that? Would other tables option not appear if there are no other competitive tables playing?

- mike

#4 User is offline   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-January-25, 18:32

I'm not quite sure what you are asking, so I may not be answering the question. Eventually, each hand should be played at 16 tables and your result is compared against the others. An individual board is played all 16 times with the same scoring (IMPs or matchpoints), so the comparison is valid. It can take a while for this to happen and sometimes you will see few or even no other scores on the board for a while.

You can look later on My linkhttps://www.bridgebase.com/myhands to see the final results.

#5 User is offline   mjones133 

• Pip

Posted 2021-January-25, 18:45

Sorry, what she's saying, and she sent a poor quality screen shot is that the "other tables" option doesn't appear at all.

View Postsfi, on 2021-January-25, 18:32, said:

I'm not quite sure what you are asking, so I may not be answering the question. Eventually, each hand should be played at 16 tables and your result is compared against the others. An individual board is played all 16 times with the same scoring (IMPs or matchpoints), so the comparison is valid. It can take a while for this to happen and sometimes you will see few or even no other scores on the board for a while.

You can look later on My linkhttps://www.bridgebase.com/myhands to see the final results.

#6 User is offline   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-January-25, 20:16

Now I understand. It looks like scoring is total points, where comparisons with other tables doesn't come into play. My guess (and it is just a guess) is that BBO doesn't show the results under this form of scoring. If they select IMPs or Matchpoints they should see the comparisons.

#7 User is offline   mjones133 

• Pip

Posted 2021-January-25, 20:20

Perfect, that makes total sense. Thanks so much!

- mike

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users