Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Casual Round Robin

#1 User is offline   nwken 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-January-24, 14:19

My friends and I like to play round robin matches. We play 8 boards, then switch partners, and repeat until we’ve played 24. To switch seats, we’ve tried setting “Permission required to play”, to prevent a stranger from joining in while we are switching. We’ve also tried an invisible table, which does not require Acceptance. But whenever a person switches seats, they inevitably lose some History for Other Tables. It cannot be recovered. I believe this happens regardless of whether you are host or not. I’ve tried being quicker in switching seats, but still lose History.

Is there a better method for switching seats, which would retain the History of Other Tables?

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-January-28, 11:18

The history applies to the entire table, not specific players, and doesn't depend on who is in what seat. You shouldn't lose it when switching seats. However, the We/They columns won't match up any more, is that what you mean?

#3 User is offline   nwken 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-January-31, 21:56

View Postbarmar, on 2021-January-28, 11:18, said:

The history applies to the entire table, not specific players, and doesn't depend on who is in what seat. You shouldn't lose it when switching seats. However, the We/They columns won't match up any more, is that what you mean?

No, I mean the History for Other Tables. The History for My Table is still there, but the results from Other Tables are either gone, or unable to load.

We played again today, and this time I was not the Host. I did not lose any History when we swapped seats, so maybe this happens only to the Host.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users