BBO Discussion Forums: Freeze, Freeze, Freeze and Slow, Slow, Slow!!! - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Freeze, Freeze, Freeze and Slow, Slow, Slow!!!

#1 User is offline   dave251164 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-January-17, 10:02

I was just playing in a 25c race and it was so slow that I only managed to play 10 boards in 15mins in the new none Flash Version.
In the Flash version I used to play 17-20 boards!

To add insult to injury it froze TWICE during those 10 boards.
The second time I was behind by 100 when it froze with only 3 cards left to cash for 1NT+1 for 120 - meaning that it cost me first place and the extra points!

This was with only 20K+ players online, so I hate to think how bad it would have been with double that number!
This really isn't good enough - we're paying our money for what has become a really sub-standard service that is frustrating and far from enjoyable!

Please BBO - DO SOMETHING to improve the situation for us - more servers or whatever?! Thank you.

#2 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-January-17, 11:20

So you had an advantage over the players not playing the faster version, and now you are back at parity.

Yes, it's slower. Yes, they know that. I'm glad I didn't play these races last year (when at an obvious disadvantage I didn't know about).

I agree, there are a lot of things that are slower with this version, and I'm sure they're working on them in the priority they need. But again, where was this last year, when they might have had time to fix it (well, pre-covid rush, at least)?
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#3 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2021-January-17, 11:42

View Postmycroft, on 2021-January-17, 11:20, said:

But again, where was this last year, when they might have had time to fix it (well, pre-covid rush, at least)?

Can't speak for other people, but for me the outright freezes only started happening in the last couple months
Alderaan delenda est

#4 User is offline   dave251164 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-January-17, 12:56

Mycroft - So you had an advantage over the players not playing the faster version, and now you are back at parity.

No, the old Flash version was there for anyone to use, so no-one had to be at a disadvantage, as they had a choice which version to play!
If they'd tried the new version, they'd have quickly gone back to the Flash version!

#5 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-January-17, 13:29

Hrothgar - okay, that's why I didn't see it before. Still don't - but I do get that "half-logout" thing and the "tournament doesn't give me results until I re-enter after I finish", but I think that's Opera vs other browsers. Not saying "I don't have the problem so it doesn't exist", just "I don't have that problem, that's odd" (and, tech being what it is, "I guess I'll start having that problem next week").

Dave - "they had a choice". And they knew that it mattered? All of them?
I can see the frustration that it's a slower game than it was before, but not that it's unfair that it's slower. It was unfair that not everyone knew the secret code to double their score.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users