• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

my bid response to partners bid

#1 User is offline   maris oren 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-January-15, 05:24

https://www.bridgeba...202|mb|1H|mb|P|

After partners response of 1 how should i show my good support?

#2 User is online   DavidKok 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-January-15, 05:52

I would bid a 4 splinter, but I imagine a lot of players would settle for a 3 invitational raise. Some pairs might have a 3 mini-splinter in their arsenal.

#3 User is online   mikeh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2021-January-15, 06:00

View Postmaris oren, on 2021-January-15, 05:24, said:

https://www.bridgeba...202|mb|1H|mb|P|

After partners response of 1 how should i show my good support?

You can make an aggressive leap to 4D, as a splinter. That might well lead to slam but it is a bit of an overbid.

Or you could raise to 3S, showing extra values because 2S would show a minimum opening hand.

It’s difficult to be objective when seeing all the cards, because one can see that 6S is a pretty good contract, and that will influence how one thinks.

I’d suggest, in future, just giving us one hand. Show us east’s hand and the auction 1H (P) 1S (P) ? That way people won’t be influenced by knowing ‘what works best on this layout’
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#4 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-January-15, 06:25

View Postmikeh, on 2021-January-15, 06:00, said:

You can make an aggressive leap to 4D, as a splinter. That might well lead to slam but it is a bit of an overbid.

Or you could raise to 3S, showing extra values because 2S would show a minimum opening hand.

It’s difficult to be objective when seeing all the cards, because one can see that 6S is a pretty good contract, and that will influence how one thinks.

I’d suggest, in future, just giving us one hand. Show us east’s hand and the auction 1H (P) 1S (P) ? That way people won’t be influenced by knowing ‘what works best on this layout’

The first question, do you want to force to game ? it's a slight overbid but AJxx, xxx, xxxx, xx would seem to be pretty much all you need (yes partner might have Jxxx, Jx, KJxx, xxx where 3 is too many).

I have no strong feeling whether you should bid 3 or 4 playing normal methods. We have to use 3 (or 4 which for us would typically be 46 and not quite this good) becaus we have different agreements about 4 to what's standard (void specifically) and we're not good enough for the GF unbal 2N which is how we bid this shape a bit better

#5 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2021-January-15, 09:16

Maris Oren 'After partners response of 1 how should i show my good support?
+++++++++++++++++++

The good slam is easy to reach after a splinter reveals the lack of duplication.
I rank:
1. 3 = SPL - A mini-splinter -- only if you've agreed to play them :)
2. 3 = LIM
3. 4 = SPL.'

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users