Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

few more tweaks ...?

#1 User is offline   TigressLil 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-February-08, 21:54

I have joined BBO with *** TigressLil*** ID probably 2002-2003.
In version 2 shown date was 2005-03 (like all “old” members), which was incorrect.
NOW, in version 3 it suddenly states 2013-01, which is even worse.
I realize it is NOT a big deal but why not mention that I joined BBO in almost day 1😊
10+ years were erased ☹.

I also TD free tournaments (probably 10+ years).
I miss my Windows version, but I am TRYING my darndest to learn to navigate v3 😊
I would like to:
• be able to download “friends” list, not only “included” list. The reason behind it (for me anyway) is that one of our small clubs has 4 directors. I am the one updating all data including members’ files and it would be nice to be able to check every-so-often if all new members were added.
Or at least have “friends” list categorized / sub-tabs.
• be able to open 2 tabs at the same time, f. ex. director and chat; split-screen is not it.
• in chatbox “tourney chat” works once-in-a-while ☹; I have to go to “running tourney” …then chat to the tournament.
• When a player asks for help (in private or in tourney chat) it is not easy to find out what table he/she is playing at; therefore, could you add somewhere a table number? Right now, only says “playing xxx tournament"; the long way around this is …messages tab, chat, right-click on the player – join.

#2 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-February-10, 14:59

View PostTigressLil, on 2021-February-08, 21:54, said:

I would like to:
• be able to download "friends" list, not only "included" list. The reason behind it (for me anyway) is that one of our small clubs has 4 directors. I am the one updating all data including members' files and it would be nice to be able to check every-so-often if all new members were added.

Simplest way to use include & exclude lists for this & update via
https://blog.bridgeb...-exclude-lists/

I would like to:
• be able to open 2 tabs at the same time, f. ex. director and chat; split-screen is not it.
• in chatbox "tourney chat" works once-in-a-while ☹; I have to go to "running tourney" …then chat to the tournament.

I don't have much problem - but simplest way is probably to have 2 IDs and use in different browsers.

I would like to:
• When a player asks for help (in private or in tourney chat) it is not easy to find out what table he/she is playing at; therefore, could you add somewhere a table number? Right now, only says "playing xxx tournament"; the long way around this is …

messages tab, chat, right-click on the player – join.

... and Join only works when TD, not when just Host.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-February-17, 09:45

I have joined BBO with *** TigressLil*** ID probably 2002-2003.
In version 2 shown date was 2005-03 (like all “old” members), which was incorrect.
NOW, in version 3 it suddenly states 2013-01, which is even worse.
I realize it is NOT a big deal but why not mention that I joined BBO in almost day 1��
10+ years were erased ☹.

The server allows anyone whose account was created before 2013 to use the old windows client (AKA V1). To disable V1 we've bumped up the creation dates of all old accounts that have used V1 recently.

When we update the server to remove this allowance, we'll restore the creation dates.

#4 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-February-18, 18:00

View Post0 carbon, on 2021-February-10, 14:59, said:

Simplest way to use include & exclude lists for this & update via
https://blog.bridgeb...-exclude-lists/
I don't have much problem - but simplest way is probably to have 2 IDs and use in different browsers.
[/size]
... and Join only works when TD, not when just Host.

You can join by right clicking a player showing at the table of the person's profile

#5 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-February-18, 23:56

One way to join a player who chats with you is to show their profile & click Join, or if Host, right click a player in the table & Join.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users