BBO Discussion Forums: Does GIB EVER recognize a penalty double - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Does GIB EVER recognize a penalty double Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

#1 User is offline   svengolly 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-January-07, 00:17

OK, the first time GIB takes as a reopening double. But surely the second time it should not. I got so frustrated with the silly bidding I went to 5C (it was IMPs) and dropped a trick (it's down 1 all day, I went down 2). This was the difference between my third and first in the match. Comments on my actions and GIB's please (5C bid aside)? 3SX is off at least 2. (-3 DD)

#2 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-January-07, 00:35

Having promised a maximum of 15 points and 3 spades with the 2 bid, it's not really possible for you to have a penalty double of spades later, so no, it will never believe you.

#3 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-January-07, 01:44

Yes, GIB does recognise penalty doubles we all have lots of examples. Generally when you don't want it to - tragically.
Non legit hoc

#4 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-January-07, 11:56

Mr Simon? Mr Simon, to the white courtesy phone, please?

"Best result possible, not best possible result." And the entire chapter about where that phrase is first presented.

For him, of course, it was rubber, and there were no other tables that could get the best possible result. Here, though, it's almost always "Everybody is saddled with the same Mr. Roboto", so again.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users