BBO Discussion Forums: Video based BBO - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Video based BBO Real life experience while playing online

Poll: Real live playing experience on BBO (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   panther786 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-January-03, 01:02

There are tools now available for video and audio input for apps and if integrated into BBO app, it can lead to a quantum jump in the playing experience.

I can appreciate that the bandwidth and server requirement will skyrocket and may not be sustainable at no charge basis but I am curious if your team is or has considered this to make the BBO platform even more popular and give an extremely rich playing experience.

I think this topic may be worth doing a survey and establishing how wide spread its desire is in the real world. Thanks.

#2 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-January-03, 11:48

Which one? Screens? At-the-table? Cross-screens? Do I get to have a review "with all the original expressions" again? Do we go back to partner-Alerts and explains, with the benefits and downsides of that? Do I get to have people stare at me when I'm thinking (intending to, and succeeding, distract me) again? What if I don't want to do it? What if I'm playing on my phone on the bus on data? What if my camera is taped shut because I watch youtube to put me to sleep and don't really want people hijacking my video for whatever else I do when I'm there?

There's definitely a case for casual bridge with online video meeting. There's definitely a case for serious bridge under "virtual screens". There's definitely a case for "virtual trip to the bar after the game" video meet, and I should try to organize that more myself (it was fun when we did one for NYE, and for "extrovert's birthday", last week).

I'm not denigrating the idea; I am saying that it's not as two-valued as your question wants it to be.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users