BBO Discussion Forums: Instant Tournament - $0.45 - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Instant Tournament - $0.45 Divide Game into Levels (1), (2) (3)

#1 User is offline   cassidog 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-January-02, 09:35

The Instant Tournament game ($0.45) is a quick and inexpensive way to learn and play competitive bridge for masterpoints without a partner. However, when the top six players in the game have percentages from 78.57 to 54.91, it's discouraging. Could this game be divided into player levels like the day long games, i.e., (1), (2), etc.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-January-03, 17:08

The instant tournaments are already stratified. Are you talking about something else?

#3 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-January-04, 11:23

I think OP wants them flighted, so that they doesn't have to make a 70% game to "beat the experts".

Of course, anybody can get lucky, especially in short games, and a flighted event would mean that the winner doesn't have to score against the A pairs at the other tables either, making it easier to get lucky and get 70% themselves. I don't think what the OP wants is actually possible with what they suggest.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-January-04, 11:39

They compared with the daylongs (1), (2), (3), etc. They're not flighted, but maybe he misunderstood these numbers as meaning they are.

If we flighted the instant tourneys, it might be difficult to find enough opponents in the same flight. Instant tourneys are created by selecting 14 players at random from a previous robot duplicate. If we have to restrict it to 14 players in the same point range as the current player, there may not be many tourneys with enough of them.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users