Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NOT fair BBO dropouts

#1 User is offline   croquetfan 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-March-15, 23:11

BBO drops connection from time to time. There is nothing wrong with my internet or computer, just stops responding at random.
Why do we have to pay for BBO's unreliable software? Halfway though a paid tournament suddenly you are excluded because of the 30 second rule.
It seems to happen to other players as well. Obviously BBO does not profit from this as it's another player who gets the prize but makes me want to avoid express reward etc in future.
Do many players have this problem?

#2 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-March-16, 01:45

I don't have a fast internet connection, and live on the opposite side of the world, yet never get disconnected. While it is hard to judge - since everyone for whom it is working fine aren't going to report as such in the support forum - based on how rare the reports are and the numbers of BBO users online at any time, it seems to affect a very tiny number of users.

BBO have stated in those threads they've never been able to replicate the problem. At least one person recently reported it immediately being resolved after they replaced their router as well. (You said there is nothing wrong with your internet, but the fact you are getting disconnected suggests there probably is - just that BBO requires a much steadier connection than other websites, so may make it more apparent).

#3 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-March-16, 02:12

It happened to me twice today.
And simultaneously to the person I was chatting to in London (UK) at the time.
I have excellent internet.
Regarding the inability of BBO to replicate something, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
Or in this case, absence of absence may not be evidence of presence.
Non legit hoc

#4 User is offline   jandrew 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-March-16, 04:44

View Postsmerriman, on 2022-March-16, 01:45, said:

I don't have a fast internet connection, and live on the opposite side of the world, yet never get disconnected.

Neither smerriman nor the OP disclose which country they are in, so it is difficult to assess the geographical effect.
But I can say that I am NEVER disconnected here in England using a modern connection to a fibre line.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users