Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Team Match Board number

#1 User is offline   tickerBrkn 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-January-27, 08:53

Is there a way to have, for the second 1/2 of a team match, board numbers/dealer/vulnerability continuing from first 1/2.
I've loaded boards via .lin where they show as, say, boards 9-16, and the hand editor shows as such, with the correct dealer/vul, but when I use them in a match they show as 1..8 with dealer/vul to match.
The cards are as expected.

#2 User is offline   Evies Dad 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-January-27, 10:12

I think this is a feature of match creation.
The boards will have the designated number if you use them at other places in the system.

#3 User is offline   gentgiant 

• PipPip

Posted 2021-January-28, 03:08

View PosttickerBrkn, on 2021-January-27, 08:53, said:

Is there a way to have, for the second 1/2 of a team match, board numbers/dealer/vulnerability continuing from first 1/2.
I've loaded boards via .lin where they show as, say, boards 9-16, and the hand editor shows as such, with the correct dealer/vul, but when I use them in a match they show as 1..8 with dealer/vul to match.
The cards are as expected.

Use boards numbered 1-8 with sequential vulnerability correct.
When the results are compiled using BBOtoXML and merging correctly it will renumber the second half to maintain correct vulnerablity.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-January-28, 11:27

It's not currently possible to specify the starting board number of a team match, it always starts at 1.

#5 User is offline   tickerBrkn 

• Pip

Posted 2021-February-02, 04:46

OK - thanks. That is what I suspected after various trials.

It would be handy improvement for a Team Match to use saved boards as numbered/specified dealer and vulnerability.
Having to generate multiple sets starting from 1 takes a lot longer than generating 1 set and splitting the file.
Referring to the boards later is a lot nicer if you can say Board 14 rather than "Board 2 in Round 3".
If merging all the results into some other system that changing the board numbers in subsequent rounds, some software fusses when the dealer and vulnerability don't match BoardNumber Standards; the alternative is to start each set as multiple of 16, leaving gaps.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users