BBO Discussion Forums: Team Match set up Not successful every time - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Team Match set up Not successful every time 4th attempt successful

#1 User is offline   OLALMEBK 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-December-03, 01:40

I'm frustated over the fact a team match setup/invitation isn't successful every time.
I can't see that I - setting up the match - or team members are doing anything wrong.
After checking match configuration (options and reserv seaats) and ensuring that everyone invited in online I hit "Create team match".
I do (sometimes) get 7 acceptances but then system holds for a few seconds. I then get a message that one player has declined the invitation.
Sometimes I get 6 acceptance and 1 decline. I've asked the players if they accidently hit the wrong button but they claim no.
To avoid missspelling of invites I use copy/paste of userids but I can't see that wrong Userid is the cause to the problem because all players recieves and Accepts invites.
Pls. give a hint on what I should do.

Regards
OLA from Sweden

#2 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-December-03, 02:12

You are doing the right thing and everyone who starts team matches experiences the same frustrations.

Players using iPads often struggle to accept: the accept button can be difficult to see and the touch screen does not always register the correct position of the touch. This is not their fault and I know that they are just as frustrated as the organiser.

I think I've noticed that players using older versions of the client sometimes struggle too, although this may just be confirmation bias on my part since I've always felt that invitations can get 'lost' on the internet somewhere.

A player can be online when the invitation is issued but lose connection before they can accept. If they immediately reconnect they can no longer accept the invite so the match will fail, normally after a longer time than usual.

Players can also be away from the keyboard.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#3 User is offline   gamingrams 

• Pip

Posted 2020-December-04, 04:06

This is indeed annoying, but players go to get coffee or do not hear the invite beep as they are on another screen or have another program open. HOWEVER, when the create window stays open it is a simple matter of checking with and individual if necessary and then simply clicking on CREATE again. The new bug that has the window closing every time is wayyyyyyyyyyyy more annoying

#4 User is offline   OLALMEBK 

• Pip

Posted 2020-December-05, 04:54

Thanks' all for responding,
It's comforting to hear that I'm not alone.
The SW should be more robust/forgiving e.g. wait longer before it delete the match.
Why do they need to be online before invite?
Setting up a singel table for 4 pers doesn't require invited people to be online when invitation is sent out.

Regards
OLA

#5 User is offline   DanG4503 

• PipPip

Posted 2021-January-03, 11:57

View Postgamingrams, on 2020-December-04, 04:06, said:

This is indeed annoying, but players go to get coffee or do not hear the invite beep as they are on another screen or have another program open. HOWEVER, when the create window stays open it is a simple matter of checking with and individual if necessary and then simply clicking on CREATE again. The new bug that has the window closing every time is wayyyyyyyyyyyy more annoying

I totally agree. This is definitely a bug introduced with the new BBO upgrade sometime last november 2020! Why changing something that was working nicely??

"BBO software people" please leave the "Match Setup Window" OPEN so the host could re-invite players again!

Thank you, DanG.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users