BBO Discussion Forums: Cannot the number of tournement player are - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cannot the number of tournement player are Exemple: Acually we can't see player is in a ACBL tournement

#1 User is offline   NeoGold 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-December-24, 03:23

Sometime we like to invite a friend (or regular partner) to play in the next ACBL tournement who is not registred on the list looking for a partner.
We can see the player is a ACBL tournement but we don't now witch number.
So we don't now at wath time this tournement will be over. Exemple: a player is in a ACBL start at 4h15 (18 boards) and i invit him for the 6h00 acbl speedball. Most of the time this tournement will not be over in time. And i lost my speedball. if can see the number, will now and not invite. Your could tell me the player who receive invitation should not accept. But some take ''a chance'' to be there in time.. Frustration

#2 User is offline   undoubling 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-December-25, 12:13

BBO allows 6 Minutes per board in a tournament---so an 18 board event will last just shy of 2 hours. That's a good rule of thumb to follow if you want to invite someone already playing in an event. Check the start time of the current event, and the number of boards x 6, added together will approximate the end of that event.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-December-26, 11:53

View Postundoubling, on 2020-December-25, 12:13, said:

BBO allows 6 Minutes per board in a tournament---so an 18 board event will last just shy of 2 hours. That's a good rule of thumb to follow if you want to invite someone already playing in an event. Check the start time of the current event, and the number of boards x 6, added together will approximate the end of that event.

The point is that when you click on a player it just says the hostname of the tourney they're playing in, it doesn't provide any more details. There's no way to know what time it started or how many boards it is. And the minutes/board depends on whether it's a virtual club game or a speedball.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users