Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Move the PASS button To avoid most mis-clicks

#1 User is offline   hawnhawk 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-December-23, 17:20

Could the PASS, DOUBLE buttons be moved to the right side of the bidding screen instead of where they are on the left side, right next to the bid boxes? By putting them on the right this would help eliminate a lot, and I mean a lot, of mis-clicks when the PASS button is pressed by accident too quickly instead of the bid number box right next to it.

Yes, you can adjust your settings to double click your bids to assure that the proper bid is being made but after a while this becomes a numbing time consuming waste of energy, double clicking all the time. And it slows down the bidding process, believe it or not.

Just by moving over the PASS & DOUBLE buttons to the right side of the screen would be a tremendous help. For sure this would eliminate virtually all the mis-bids(almost all anyway) caused by accidentally clicking the PASS button instead of the bid button when a player moves his mouse over to the left quickly.

And, yes, a lot of players may complain about the "Change" of where the button is since they are used to it being on the immediate left side but after a while they would get used to it quickly and would see the advantage of its new positioning.

Think about this.

#2 User is online   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-December-27, 12:30

Totally different, but about the pass button nonetheless.

The only misclicks I tend to make are 1 (alert explanation) Pass. It would be nice if, if there's a number, it required confirmation to correct to pass.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#3 User is offline   stanmaz 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-January-29, 05:18

View Posthawnhawk, on 2020-December-23, 17:20, said:

Could the PASS, DOUBLE buttons be moved to the right side of the bidding screen instead of where they are on the left side, right next to the bid boxes? By putting them on the right this would help eliminate a lot, and I mean a lot, of mis-clicks when the PASS button is pressed by accident too quickly instead of the bid number box right next to it.

Yes, you can adjust your settings to double click your bids to assure that the proper bid is being made but after a while this becomes a numbing time consuming waste of energy, double clicking all the time. And it slows down the bidding process, believe it or not.

Just by moving over the PASS & DOUBLE buttons to the right side of the screen would be a tremendous help. For sure this would eliminate virtually all the mis-bids(almost all anyway) caused by accidentally clicking the PASS button instead of the bid button when a player moves his mouse over to the left quickly.

And, yes, a lot of players may complain about the "Change" of where the button is since they are used to it being on the immediate left side but after a while they would get used to it quickly and would see the advantage of its new positioning.

Think about this.

There exists the tool you are looking for : the BBOalert browser extension already used by hundreds worldwide. One of the features is the UI customization. All you have to do is to install BBOalert, copy the code below into the clipboard, start BBO and press "Import" button the BBOalert panel.

//BBOalert
//Script,onAnyMutation
SWAP_BIDDING_BUTTONS();
//Script,onDataLoad
SWAP_BIDDING_BUTTONS = function () {
if (biddingBoxDisplayed) {
var elBiddingBox = document.querySelector(".biddingBoxClass");
var elBiddingButtons = elBiddingBox.querySelectorAll(".biddingBoxButtonClass");
for (var i = 12; i < 15; i++) {
elBiddingButtons[i].style.left = "";
elBiddingButtons[i].style.right = '4px';
}
elBiddingButtons[16].style.left = '4px';
if (getExplainInput().getAttribute('maxlength') != '254')
getExplainInput().setAttribute('maxlength', '254');
}
};
Script

BBOalert is a sophisticated toolkit which aims to automate alerting. The basic feature of recording and replaying alerts is a great help. All you need to begin is to install the BBOalert extension and start playing normally. Every alerted bid is recorded and then when the identical auction occurs the recorded bid explanation is retrieved and sent to the opponents. But this feature is only the top of the iceberg.

BBOalert installation :

Firefox
https://addons.mozil.../addon/bboalert

Chrome
https://chrome.googl...lkeemegdhehnlcf

For the complete description of BBOalert features see the project page :
https://github.com/stanmaz/BBOalert

The tutorial can be also useful
https://github.com/s...tingStarted.pdf

You are invited to join the BBOalert users on Facebook
https://www.facebook...06384146770707/
There are other interesting scripts published.

Feel free to contact me by mail if you need help while setting up BBOalert.
stanmaz.git@gmail.com

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users