• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Make Software More User Friendly

#1 User is offline   rickmbe 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-December-22, 18:26

Subject: End of Downloaded Version

As someone who has been playing both BBO versions but who prefers the old download version, I would like to plead for its continued survival.

1. It is much more user friendly and easier to use.

2. We don’t care if it never gets updated with further bells and whistles like the internet version. You can leave it alone like you have been doing and all will be well.

Please reconsider and let us download players be happy and continue to play on BBO as we have for many years.

To me, here is how you can make the new internet version more user friendly like the download version:

1. Get more sound effects going to indicate when someone has made a chat comment, and a louder bell to indicate when it is your turn to play.

2. Eliminate the need to put the cursor on the chat line before typing a comment. Have the comment automatically go to chat after typing the comment and hitting return.

3. In History, show the results of the hand just played with all the other hands played on one screen. Eliminate the need to go to “Other Tables” to see the other results.

4. Show the details of a player by just putting the cursor over the players name. Eliminate the need to actually click on the name to get the details.

5. Make the “bidding box” icons of the card suits much larger. They are way too small.

6. Make the cards themselves look more like a regular deck of cards instead of just a bare representation of them.

Again, make the above improvements and also let us keep using the download version. Best of both worlds.

Rick Rosenbaum
rickmbe

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-December-26, 11:46

View Postrickmbe, on 2020-December-22, 18:26, said:

2. We don’t care if it never gets updated with further bells and whistles like the internet version. You can leave it alone like you have been doing and all will be well.

The problem is that it prevents us from making needed improvements to the rest of the service. For example, we can't allow more than 65,000 users to login if we have to allow the V1 client.

#3 User is offline   morecharac 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Cyclothymic dilettantism

Posted 2020-December-27, 01:41

View Postrickmbe, on 2020-December-22, 18:26, said:

To me, here is how you can make the new internet version more user friendly like the download version:

2. Eliminate the need to put the cursor on the chat line before typing a comment. Have the comment automatically go to chat after typing the comment and hitting return.

As a keyboard user, I vehemently disagree.

The greatest frustration I experience on BBO is having to reset the focus after every action other than bidding or playing a card.

The only time I want the focus to be in the chat line is when I'm actually typing.

#4 User is offline   labucis 

• Pip

Posted 2020-December-29, 15:54

View Postbarmar, on 2020-December-26, 11:46, said:

The problem is that it prevents us from making needed improvements to the rest of the service.

v3 looks awful on smaller screens - like 14" laptop with 1366x768 resolution. There just is no place to fit everything.
I agree with OP - we do not need bells and whistles - just solid and easy to use frontend cross-platform client.

#5 User is offline   labucis 

• Pip

Posted 2021-January-11, 12:51

Would someone kindly direct me to BBO v3 for dummies thread please?
Totally lost now when my PC client I used for 15 years has been declared obsolete.
TIA

#6 User is offline   nina17 

• Pip

Posted 2021-January-16, 09:31

Hi,

I would like to express my disappointment with regard to the last version of BBO. It has never been working as slow as it is now.

The list of full table players, to take just one of the examples, does not load completely as it used to; it does gradually, with long awaiting time; so in practice, it's impossible to see the list in full. In the old BBO version (the Adobe Flash one), this has never been the issue.

Kind regards.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users