Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Convention cards

#1 User is offline   214skidoo 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-December-17, 17:27

Right now when you look at the Opponents convention card, the left side appears and then you have to scroll to see the General Approach. I would like to see that reversed so that the page with General approach appears first.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-December-18, 09:38

I actually find the current style pretty convenient, since I frequently use this to see their defensive carding.

Maybe ideal would be for it to depend on the state of the hand. During bidding it open at the top right, during play it should scroll to the bottom left.

#3 User is offline   morecharac 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Cyclothymic dilettantism

Posted 2020-December-18, 13:07

View Postbarmar, on 2020-December-18, 09:38, said:

I actually find the current style pretty convenient, since I frequently use this to see their defensive carding.

Maybe ideal would be for it to depend on the state of the hand. During bidding it open at the top right, during play it should scroll to the bottom left.

Maybe stacking it one page atop the other would be best.

I switched to one of the advanced cards that displays as a single page with line entry for everything, then erased all the boilerplate and entered everything we play. It gave enough space to describe complex agreements where it was needed.

#4 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-December-20, 10:41

Unfortunately, while I agree with Barmar, for me it doesn't show the carding either, without having to scroll down.

My preference would be a "half-width, double-height" display, where we can see all the card, but have the "right" half on top of the "left" half. (and more scrolling)
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#5 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-December-20, 17:50

View Postbarmar, on 2020-December-18, 09:38, said:

Online play is not the same as FTF play. There is no need to replicate a paper convention card. Set up a tabbed convention card where each tab section contains information about different areas of bidding and play. e.g. Defensive carding against NT, against suits, opening 1 bids, opening 2 bids, NT bidding, overcalls, slam conventions, etc.

#6 User is offline   Local59 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-December-26, 18:21

I cannot seem to enter my convention card information on my Local59 card. Is there a secret to this?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users