BBO Discussion Forums: GIB is so inconsistent in bidding sacrifices - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GIB is so inconsistent in bidding sacrifices

#1 User is offline   cloa513 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-December-05, 03:23

In a previous Weekly Free Tournament, GIB opponents would have a 6-4 fit in spades and sometimes not bid game. You'd think GIB would totally ignore opponent bidding but many times would stop short.

#2 User is offline   otangu 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-January-01, 09:21

GIB hardly (never) uses Total Law of Tricks principle in competition and always (mostly) pulls the penalty DBL below 4S.
Since BBO acquisitioned Bridge Baron it'll be much better to deploy its player which could also be configured with respect to bidding system and defense principles. I'd pay a one-time fee for a configurable robot on top of the tourney fees. In fact, I'd own more than one configured robot and rent it on a tourney basis e.g one Robot for 2/1 and another for 1C Strong

There's no point to complain the shortcomings of the current GIB as I understand it's a hefty task to maintain / revise it.

There's also a wide-spread belief about returning to the clubs late this year if the vaccines work but a lot of people will stay away for a while and folks like me will keep using the robot

#3 User is offline   otangu 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-January-14, 09:34

Check this hand from a tourney today, https://www.bridgeba...H4%7Cpc%7CC7%7C

I was distracted and and thought opps opened and overcalled 2H which was a GF bid since Robot bid 1S. Robot rebid 2S and we ended up 4S and 3 down. I was wrong but shouldn't it respond 3H at least?

#4 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-January-14, 17:16

View Postotangu, on 2021-January-14, 09:34, said:

I was distracted and and thought opps opened and overcalled 2H which was a GF bid since Robot bid 1S. Robot rebid 2S and we ended up 4S and 3 down. I was wrong but shouldn't it respond 3H at least?

Maybe GIB was distracted and thought an opponent had bid 2, so it was just rebidding its excellent rebiddable suit.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users