Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

.LIN File Format

#1 User is offline   jeb1248 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-December-04, 11:36

First: Thank you for addressing my last topic. The answers were very helpful.

Now the current topic: I would like to write a program to parse the contents of a .LIN file. Is there already such a program? If so, where can it be found along with its documentation. If none currently exists, where can I find the documentation for the .LIN file format? If I have that I can write my own parser.
As always, thanks for your attention.

#2 User is offline   shyams 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-December-04, 12:32

First up, I don't work for (or volunteer at) BBO so please don't take this as official guidance.

I assume you probably have a parser already for PBN or other bridge notations. If you do, you might find the below option useful.

Richard Pavlicek (www.rpbridge.net) has a bridge utility that converts one bridge notation to another. Please look under Bridge Utilities (link here) where you will find a write-up on Bridge File Converter and a EXE file that does the conversion.

That website contains a lot of other bridge related utilities and softwares. Hopefully it will address your requirement.

If it doesn't help, please wait for someone from BBO to respond.

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-December-04, 13:43

There are also other converters from PBN to LIN and vice versa, some of which are free and some of which document some knowledge of various versions of LIN:
- Bridge Composer
- John from Arran (worked well for me)
- pbntolin
etc.

I would start by googling them, playing with them in both directions and reading their documentation.

#4 User is offline   Narra Nhoj 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2023-March-05, 14:36

View Postpescetom, on 2020-December-04, 13:43, said:

There are also other converters from PBN to LIN and vice versa, some of which are free and some of which document some knowledge of various versions of LIN:
- Bridge Composer
- John from Arran (worked well for me)
- pbntolin
etc.

I would start by googling them, playing with them in both directions and reading their documentation.

I will be closing down the server which hosts the PbnToLin converter in a few months and would like to find someone to take it over. The files are very compact and are mostly written in PHP with some HTML. If anyone would like to have copies of the files I can zip everything and email it to you.

Since it was first written in 2014 nearly 76,000 files have been converted.

Please contact me by private message if you are willing to host this converter. Or email me: design<at>johnfromarran<dot>org<dot>uk

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users