Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Claim/Concession by a defender When his partner still has a trick

#1 User is offline   michaelbey 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-December-04, 11:03

When a defender concedes all the remaining tricks his partner has no say in the matter and that's wrong. Only declarer sees the claim (concession) and has the option to accept or reject. I think the partner of the defender making the concession should also be given the option to accept or reject. As an example, East got impatient and conceded all (5) remaining tricks and Declarer accepted. When in fact West a master trump and could not overrule his/her partner. Declarer may have been greedy or has forgotten about the outstanding (master) trump; that's besides the point. The main point is to allow the other defender to have a say in the matter. Such an "error" does not occur in f2f bridge.

#2 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-December-04, 13:41

michaelbey, on 2020-December-04, 11:03, said:

When a defender concedes all the remaining tricks his partner has no say in the matter and that's wrong... Such an "error" does not occur in f2f bridge.

No, because this would be in contravention of the Laws of Contract Bridge. I do not believe, actually, that the game played on BBO can legally call itself Bridge, but there you are.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#3 User is offline   michaelbey 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-December-04, 16:13

Vampyr, on 2020-December-04, 13:41, said:

No, because this would be in contravention of the Laws of Contract Bridge. I do not believe, actually, that the game played on BBO can legally call itself Bridge, but there you are.

I played backgammon online against a player named Vampyr! Could that be you?

#4 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-December-05, 08:01

michaelbey, on 2020-December-04, 16:13, said:

I played backgammon online against a player named Vampyr! Could that be you?

No, I have not played backgammon online in years. So many that I don’t even remember my nickname on FIBS!
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users