• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

pinned topic

#1 User is offline   Keene_JP 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-December-07, 13:19

i know this sounds silly, but,

somehow some old posts got pinned and insist on being on top of list. How do i unpin them ?

-=-=

#2 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-December-07, 14:00

You don't. They were pinned by administrators because they want new readers of the forum to see them, because they're critical information for everyone (or they're FAQ that hopefully will stop multiple repetitions of the same question).

This is a fairly standard forum software option.

Yes, it's annoying when you've seen them a million times, but there's no way to say "I've read this, don't show it to me again unless there's new adds" from a user. Again, from an administrative viewpoint (as someone who managed some net.groups back in the day, where the equivalent was "posting the same FAQ, charter, code of conduct documents every month so everyone will see at least one of them"), not allowing the user to hide those things allows the manager to say "that question is answered in the FAQ" or "[behaviour] is not allowed. Please re-read the posting code", sure in the knowledge that the user can find said things.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users