BBO Discussion Forums: Anything missing for slam? - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anything missing for slam?

#1 User is offline   pescetom 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,847
  • Joined: 2014-February-18
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Italy

Posted 2020-December-03, 15:11

Only the robots failed to bid this one to at least level of six.
0

#2 User is offline   thepossum 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,008
  • Joined: 2018-July-04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

Posted 2020-December-05, 04:40

View Postpescetom, on 2020-December-03, 15:11, said:

Only the robots failed to bid this one to at least level of six.


I'm interested in how everyone thinks this should be bid. But to help me I ran it through QPlus 2/1 and slam was reached with a spade double jump I think (4S) bid rather than a cue. Is that not available in GiB 2/1. Isnt a cue too weak for that hand?
0

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,847
  • Joined: 2014-February-18
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Italy

Posted 2020-December-05, 07:33

View Postthepossum, on 2020-December-05, 04:40, said:

I'm interested in how everyone thinks this should be bid. But to help me I ran it through QPlus 2/1 and slam was reached with a spade double jump I think (4S) bid rather than a cue. Is that not available in GiB 2/1. Isnt a cue too weak for that hand?


I would expect an advanced pair to bid something like:

1 (1) X (p)
1 (p) 5 (p)
6 (p) 7 (p)
p (p)

Not sure if GIB understands Exclusion.
0

#4 User is offline   thepossum 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,008
  • Joined: 2018-July-04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

Posted 2020-December-06, 15:31

View Postpescetom, on 2020-December-05, 07:33, said:

I would expect an advanced pair to bid something like:

1 (1) X (p)
1 (p) 5 (p)
6 (p) 7 (p)
p (p)

Not sure if GIB understands Exclusion.


Thx, it does appear to be seriously underbid
0

#5 User is offline   wbartley 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 263
  • Joined: 2010-July-23

Posted 2020-December-07, 12:50

Although 5S was rather pessimistic by North, South bears the brunt of the responsibility. North is almost certainly void in hearts so both of those aces are working. 4S was a gross underbid. 5H or even 4N make more sense. Once South survived bidding 4S, 6D over 5S might still get you to the grand slam here.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users