BBO Discussion Forums: Asking a robot pair to bid a hand I played in the past - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Asking a robot pair to bid a hand I played in the past

#1 User is offline   dafydkay 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-November-25, 10:02

I'm from the UK and moderately competent in Benji-Acol but I am having to learn American 2/1 to play with a robot.

Sometimes we do well, but other times I find that any of my possible bids give the wrong information to Bobbi and she over-bids. Clearly I went wrong somewhere and have painted myself into a corner.

What I would like to do is go through the hands I've bid badly and present the hands to a robot pair to see how they would have bid them (there is no point in looking at how other pairs bid the hand because they used a UK system). Is this possible?

I'm guessing that a good start would be to make a collection of these hands but even that proved impossible. I'm using a web-browser (Firefox) and I go to my history and select a hand. The blue square with three white lines in the top-right-corner gives me the option of 'export' so I select that. Of the next options 'Save deal as' seems sensible and takes me to a something that looks promising. I give a name to the deal and below is "Select a Folder". I click on '+' to create a new folder which comes up as "Untitled Folder". I click on the pencil to change its name and the window closes. Return to Go, do not collect £200 and this time I click on "Untitled Folder" to save the deal there and the window closes. I assume that my hand has been saved in that folder (crosses fingers).

Next task is to present this hand to a robot pair so I try 'Practice' and 'Start a Bidding Table' and 'Start Table'. The blue lozenge offer me 'Deal Source' so I select that and then "Use saved deals' but I can't get it display the hand I thought I had saved earlier.

I'm doing something wrong. Should this have worked, is there a way of doing what I want, and where did I go wrong in my attempt?

Thank, David

#2 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-November-25, 15:03

I get the same behavior re trying to edit a folder name - must be a bug in the latest version of the software.

The rest appears to work though - after you've gone into "Use saved deals", you click a folder, click select at the top right, then close the window. Go back to the menu and hit redeal to start the first hand; each time you hit redeal it will move through the folder.

Note that GIB isn't very good at bidding, so I definitely wouldn't assume you "clearly went wrong" somewhere each time something goes wrong.

#3 User is offline   dafydkay 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-November-26, 13:37

Thank you for replying, and you're right. Encouraged by your remarks I persisted and realised that it really was working as it should, I was being misled by a few bugs.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users