• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Upgrade of TD screen make TD screen more user friendly

#1 User is offline   Vesian 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-November-30, 05:57

Hello,

Several weeks ago I wrote a short article about the difficulties all TD's have in monitoring tournaments.

Adjusting scores is far to complicated at the present time; have to trace the player first, play the hand and only then make a (possible) change to the score.

There appears to be little correlation between the played hands and the displayed hands - this is in urgent need of correcting\synchronising.

It is not possible compare how other tables played the hands - this will help a great deal to compare scores before attempting any corrections - should they be needed.

The RESET seems to perform no function that I can see. There would be a great deal of value in this button re-synchronising hands.

The played hands screen (bottom right) is of little value as it is not possible to use it to replay hands to check if adjustment is required.

Tony (Vesian)

#2 User is offline   PPackr 

• Pip

Posted 2020-December-18, 02:26

Amen! I suspect too few BBO techs who write code for Directors actually use their work for directing: ergo they have no idea how easy or difficult they make TD/ATD jobs.
ppackr Les

#3 User is offline   bjacobs 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-December-18, 18:27

You must be using a different BBO to me - I have none of these problems. I find review of what happened and score adjustment very easy.

I started directing BBO games in May, and there have been constant improvements ever since. Sure, they haven't always been smooth sailing, but overall, the level of functionality and ease-of-use is amazing.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users