Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

chat bar help! copy and paste won't go away

#1 User is offline   red300zx 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-November-17, 15:10

I have cut and pasted a phrase that I used once and the text will not go away in BBO chat. Worse, the next time I cut and pasted something else, it too won't go away. Now, when I go to write in the chat bar, BOTH previously copied phrases show up and block the chat bar. I have tried deleting, overwriting, rebooting the entire BBO and it still comes back. Does anyone share this problem. I have W10 and W7 (two computers) and Chrome Browser. Thank you. Now the trick will be to find this forum again. LOL Steve Griffin

#2 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-November-17, 15:33

Welcome to the Forum.
Welcome to the Forum.
Welcome to the Forum.
Welcome to the Forum.

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-November-17, 16:49

View Postred300zx, on 2020-November-17, 15:10, said:

I have cut and pasted a phrase that I used once and the text will not go away in BBO chat. Worse, the next time I cut and pasted something else, it too won't go away. Now, when I go to write in the chat bar, BOTH previously copied phrases show up and block the chat bar. I have tried deleting, overwriting, rebooting the entire BBO and it still comes back. Does anyone share this problem. I have W10 and W7 (two computers) and Chrome Browser. Thank you. Now the trick will be to find this forum again. LOL Steve Griffin

Chrome makes a moderately intelligent attempt to note what you often type in certain contexts and offer you the chance to repeat it.
Sometimes it has the right choices ready at the right time, sometimes it has the wrong choices at the right time and sometimes it doesn't recognise the right time and offers no choices.
This can be frustrating in tournament creation, but I haven't seen it in chat (but then I don't cut and paste exactly the same phrase).
Not sure if it has to do with your problem, but maybe so.

#4 User is offline   oops sry p 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-November-17, 23:21

Hi Red. Yes - I had this problem months ago (on Safari), it went away for a while then yesterday it happened again (with a different browser). I have an iMac (old) and use Chrome for BBO. Not sure why it happens but it is an annoyance.

#5 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-November-18, 15:03

I recently had some similar problems to this. Turned out to be due to a dying mouse. New mouse, problems gone (so far, anyway). 2017 iMac, no chrome (safari).
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-November-19, 00:03

I once managed to get rid of one of these auto-fills by using the arrow keys to go down to the message and then pressing the Delete key. But others have come back, and I haven't managed to delete them.

I'm pretty sure this is coming from Chrome's auto-fill, not anything the BBO application is doing, so I don't think there's anything we can do to fix it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users