Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Running Scores in Swiss Pairs

#1 User is offline   sandiem 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-November-15, 08:09

I am running a Swiss pairs with a break and I have no idea how I get the running scores.
It would be great is BBO gave access to the running scores after each round and also if the scores for the round before the break were visible when all had finished playing, rather than waiting till the start of the next round.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-November-15, 17:53

The break is done just by adding time to that round. It doesn't really change any other aspect of the game, so barometer scores still aren't shown until the next round.

#3 User is offline   sandiem 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-November-16, 03:59

View Postbarmar, on 2020-November-15, 17:53, said:

The break is done just by adding time to that round. It doesn't really change any other aspect of the game, so barometer scores still aren't shown until the next round.

I gathered that was the case, but it would also be good if there was a way to access the current leaderboard as each round finished.

In addition, I knew there would be rematches but, I was running 8 x 6 board matches and 2 pairs played each other 5 times and many others 3 times. We only had 20 pairs but surely there must be a way BBO could limit rematches so that there were not more than 2. It can be done manually. You could even allow the TD to alter the matches to make it fairer.

It is the first Swiss Pairs we have run but we certainly won’t be running another unless this situation changes drastically. It was event 20763 run under vNIBU128.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users