BBO Discussion Forums: Difficulty logging onto the new site - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Difficulty logging onto the new site software plugin needed?

#1 User is offline   AZLondon 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-November-16, 08:15

My son is able to log onto the "new" BBO site without issue on my PC using Chrome. It used to work on his PC, too, but during the last month, when he hits the home page, it shows a series of text-based links. If he chooses login, it then just whirs indefinitely. He is able to access the old flash site. Up until a month ago, he was able to access the new site, too. Besides typical Microsoft upgrades, nothing has changed on his PC. We have tried installing all updates, rebooting and Edge as an alternate browser. He has a high spec Dell and it is less than a year old.

Is there a plug in or something that he needs to enable to access the full, rich site?

#2 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-November-16, 09:12

You don't need anything specific to use Chrome to log into BBO.

I suggest that you ensure that you know your BBO passwords, then delete the browser cache and cookies for BBO (Chrome settings->Clear browser data).
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-November-16, 14:21

View PostAZLondon, on 2020-November-16, 08:15, said:

My son is able to log onto the "new" BBO site without issue on my PC using Chrome. It used to work on his PC, too, but during the last month, when he hits the home page, it shows a series of text-based links. If he chooses login, it then just whirs indefinitely. He is able to access the old flash site. Up until a month ago, he was able to access the new site, too. Besides typical Microsoft upgrades, nothing has changed on his PC.

This is interesting because one of our club members has had similar problems recently (since less than a month) and swears that he can bypass them by using a new nickname he created but not in any other way. I didn't take it seriously, but will check out his configuration and if clearing cache/cookies works.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-November-16, 17:10

Can one of you make a screenshot of this page with text-based links?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users