Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Problem signing on Signing in difficulty

#1 User is offline   fljunebug 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-November-02, 20:55

Has anyone else had troubles signing in today? I played in a morning game but tried to sign in for the 2:15, 3:15 games and then multiple times this evening, to no avail. Is it a server problem or on my end? What can I do?

#2 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-November-02, 23:48

Hi, I'm in Australia and have had no trouble.
Non legit hoc

#3 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-November-03, 00:29

Interesting, now I get "internal error. Could not connect to database. Try again later" (sic)
Non legit hoc

#4 User is offline   john691 

• Pip

Posted 2020-November-03, 03:56

I had a number of users who couldn't log in last night (from around 5:30pm to after 7:10pm GMT), as well as not being able to see lists of any tournaments at all (neither, running, pending or completed). These lists repeatedly disappeared and then later re-appeared. When our tournament started, the "Show Tables" list would not load and I couldn't see what was happening in the tournament (I also couldn't replace the half-table sit-outs with robots). I had to cancel the tournament.

#5 User is offline   selms12 

• Pip

Posted 2020-November-03, 04:59

View Postjohn691, on 2020-November-03, 03:56, said:

I had a number of users who couldn't log in last night (from around 5:30pm to after 7:10pm GMT), as well as not being able to see lists of any tournaments at all (neither, running, pending or completed). These lists repeatedly disappeared and then later re-appeared. When our tournament started, the "Show Tables" list would not load and I couldn't see what was happening in the tournament (I also couldn't replace the half-table sit-outs with robots). I had to cancel the tournament.

We had same issue in UK last evening around 19:00. If you login via PC running Windows it was OK. But when we tried using a Mac it failed - same if accessing via Apple iPad and iPhone players got the “Could not load critical file. Please check your internet connection and try again” message.
Tried again this morning and it now seems fine.
Is this an intermittent issue? or perhaps an issue with the BBO App?

#6 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-November-03, 05:17

Someone was disinfecting the server.
Non legit hoc

#7 User is offline   orangegrey 

• Pip

Posted 2020-November-03, 06:57

I had similar problems running a tournament which was scheduled to start at 19:15 UCT. I was directing from a pc. The tournament was spewing repeated error messages then disappeared completely. Took half an hour to get started and another hour before “show tables” worked reliably.

#8 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-November-03, 10:33

https://www.itnews.c...orldwide-527205
Could this be the reason? major internet problems that I don't understand reported around 9pm Sydney time yesterday.
Non legit hoc

#9 User is online   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-November-03, 11:09

It was clearly a BBO issue, no other web service or site had problems (at least in Italy).
The only amusing aspect was that the initial count of users online went berserk, I killed it at 139,000 and still counting.

#10 User is offline   HDBC007 

• Pip

Posted 2020-November-03, 12:36

Identical problems last night whilst directing a team's match (UK)7pm local time - unable to see tables as above. Login took a long time using a PC, and one member on an Apple took 20 mins to enter. Count of users went up to 300,000!
I had to call off the tournament when 2 players dropped out and could not get back in again - must be a BBO issue I feel

#11 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-November-03, 14:48

We've been having intermittent, serious database problems this week. Sometimes you can't login, other times you can login but then things like tourney and history lists are empty. We're working on it.

#12 User is online   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-November-03, 14:54

View Postbarmar, on 2020-November-03, 14:48, said:

We've been having intermittent, serious database problems this week. Sometimes you can't login, other times you can login but then things like tourney and history lists are empty. We're working on it.

Not just this, but some hands are lost (apparently permanently) where others played by same pair in same tournament are not.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users