BBO Discussion Forums: New BBO App (Android version) not showing DDA on all cards - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New BBO App (Android version) not showing DDA on all cards BBO app on Android

#1 User is offline   armantt2k 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-July-01, 09:57

A few days ago I was told to load a new version of BBO on my Samsung Tab A. After doing so, my Partner & I were playing a Casual Competitve game at Matchpoints against 2 bots. During play, we often go to History to see what others have done bidding/playing the hand.

When I tried to view DDA, some (not all) cards were missing the DDA indicator. I found toggling "Previous Trick/Next Trick" sometimes would correct the error and fill in the missing info. But it also sometimes lost info that had been shown the first time.

It's only happening on my Android since the new app version install, not on my Partner's Win10 PC - anyone else seeing this?

#2 User is offline   armant2k 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-July-08, 12:25

armantt2k, on 2022-July-01, 09:57, said:

A few days ago I was told to load a new version of BBO on my Samsung Tab A. After doing so, my Partner & I were playing a Casual Competitve game at Matchpoints against 2 bots. During play, we often go to History to see what others have done bidding/playing the hand.

When I tried to view DDA, some (not all) cards were missing the DDA indicator. I found toggling "Previous Trick/Next Trick" sometimes would correct the error and fill in the missing info. But it also sometimes lost info that had been shown the first time.

It's only happening on my Android since the new app version install, not on my Partner's Win10 PC - anyone else seeing this?

UPDATE: Just saw saw missing DDA trick count on a few cards played clicking "Next Trick" in History on my Win10 PC, so it's apparently not just happening on the Android app (although much less frequent on the PC). Haven't tested but perhaps won't happen at all using "Next Card"?

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-July-08, 14:31

armant2k, on 2022-July-08, 12:25, said:

UPDATE: Just saw saw missing DDA trick count on a few cards played clicking "Next Trick" in History on my Win10 PC, so it's apparently not just happening on the Android app (although much less frequent on the PC). Haven't tested but perhaps won't happen at all using "Next Card"?

Just saw the same thing (using Next Card), Win 10 and Chrome.

[UPDATE] and now saw it in the Android app too.
I guess they implemented (or reduced) a timeout for some reason.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2022-July-11, 16:27

Is it just missing on cards that are equivalent, like if you have KQJ it only shows it on one of them? I think this may be a space optimization for mobile devices.

I can't reproduce it on a desktop.

#5 User is offline   pescetom 

Posted 2022-July-12, 07:00

barmar, on 2022-July-11, 16:27, said:

Is it just missing on cards that are equivalent, like if you have KQJ it only shows it on one of them? I think this may be a space optimization for mobile devices.

I can't reproduce it on a desktop.

No, it fails to show on one of the cards played to a trick.

I'll take a screen shot next time I see it on PC.

#6 User is offline   pescetom 

Posted 2022-July-12, 15:04

Just sent you a screen shot in email to support at bridgebase.
It was trivial to reproduce, almost every hand in history.
If you do not see the same maybe you have a faster/closer connection (I was on PC but using a 4G mobile hotspot in Italy).

#7 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-July-12, 15:22

Just to summarise:

If you have double dummy activated, every time a card is played, it loads in double dummy results on all cards in the next hand to play.

If you click next card after it loads, the double dummy score moves with the card to the middle of the trick.

If you click next card before it loads (or have it set to trick by trick, so it autoplays the next card for you), it stops loading double dummy and moves to the next hand; thus the score isn't shown in the middle of the trick.

I interpreted the OP's post as meaning when they toggle double dummy on, it was missing values on some cards in your hand, as opposed to cards in the middle of the trick. If it's indeed the latter, then that's easily explainable, though pretty minor.

#8 User is offline   pescetom 

Posted 2022-July-13, 00:24

smerriman, on 2022-July-12, 15:22, said:

Just to summarise:

If you have double dummy activated, every time a card is played, it loads in double dummy results on all cards in the next hand to play.

If you click next card after it loads, the double dummy score moves with the card to the middle of the trick.

If you click next card before it loads (or have it set to trick by trick, so it autoplays the next card for you), it stops loading double dummy and moves to the next hand; thus the score isn't shown in the middle of the trick.

I interpreted the OP's post as meaning when they toggle double dummy on, it was missing values on some cards in your hand, as opposed to cards in the middle of the trick. If it's indeed the latter, then that's easily explainable, though pretty minor.

Thanks, that makes sense as an explanation and seems consistent with what I see. I guess I just hadn't noticed in the past that some cards played were missing DDA when trick by trick was set.

A minor problem, but still poor interface design IMO: in trick by trick it should always wait for DDA, not timeout on occasional cards.

#9 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2022-July-13, 09:40

I got the screenshot you sent. You're using a third-party extension that adds the Par Score and all possible results table. Does this problem happen when you don't use the extension?

#10 User is offline   pescetom 

Posted 2022-July-13, 10:45

barmar, on 2022-July-13, 09:40, said:

I got the screenshot you sent. You're using a third-party extension that adds the Par Score and all possible results table. Does this problem happen when you don't use the extension?

Good point, will try on PC using a different browser (so no extension).
But it also happens in the Android app, where no extensions are possible.

#11 User is offline   pescetom 

Posted 2022-July-13, 15:33

Tried it with a different browser on PC, same problem, no extension.

BTW I agree with smerriman that this is a minor problem.
I would much rather that you respected the promise to restore the tricks function in Dealer (ex dealergib1).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users