• You cannot reply to this topic

My favourite bid What's your rebid?

#1 User is online   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-October-16, 23:19

Apparently this forcing.

Posted Image

Amazingly, 2 people passed and GIB made 2+1. One person bid 2 then passed after 3.

fwiw, here's what happened to me.

edit: sorry guys where's Mikeh - I just made another incredibly silly slam Posted Image.

ma

#2 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2020-October-17, 07:17

Pilowsky 'Apparently this forcing. Amazingly, 2 people passed and GIB made 2+1. One person bid 2 then passed after 3. Here's what happened to me'
++++++++++++++++++++

IMO, Pilowsky bid and played well.
If you pass GIB's forcing bid, you hurt his feelings, and you might get into bad habits.
Humans are less forgiving. If you pass a human's forcing bid, even if the outcome is successful, you will probably have to find a new partner.

Pilowsky 'sorry guys where's Mikeh - I just made another incredibly silly slam. Posted Image'
++++++++++++++++++++

The play is as bad as the bidding. Did GIB open 2 on the South hand? More likely, GIB was North?

m

#3 User is online   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-October-17, 13:14

Re '2' pilowsky was just being a bit of a dill. He liked his diamonds and thought that if he bid 2 he could weasel out of it in 2. Tragically, his old friend the North robot had other ideas.

#4 User is offline   akwoo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-October-17, 20:10

Hand 1 - I believe GiB plays that, after 2-2-3, the bid of 3 is conventional and shows a very weak hand. That's what I would bid. Then I'd raise the robot's 3 to 4.

But I think the robot's 3 is the wrong bid; I would rebid 2N with that hand, and now you have no trouble getting to game with Stayman.

#5 User is online   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-October-17, 21:20

View Postakwoo, on 2020-October-17, 20:10, said:

Hand 1 - I believe GiB plays that, after 2-2-3, the bid of 3 is conventional and shows a very weak hand. That's what I would bid. Then I'd raise the robot's 3 to 4.

But I think the robot's 3 is the wrong bid; I would rebid 2N with that hand, and now you have no trouble getting to game with Stayman.

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear, the alert "pass forcing" appears when I, as responder, hover my cursor over the pass button. I'm just wondering how GIB would respond to a 'forcing pass' if opps don't oblige with a bid.

#6 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-October-18, 06:54

View Postpilowsky, on 2020-October-17, 21:20, said:

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear, the alert "pass forcing" appears when I, as responder, hover my cursor over the pass button. I'm just wondering how GIB would respond to a 'forcing pass' if opps don't oblige with a bid.

Probably “pass forcing” is some sort of warning that you are about to pass a forcing bid. It likely has nothing to do with a forcing pass
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#7 User is online   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-October-18, 13:19

View PostVampyr, on 2020-October-18, 06:54, said:

Probably "pass forcing" is some sort of warning that you are about to pass a forcing bid. It likely has nothing to do with a forcing pass

Ah, thank you, always wondered why I had so much trouble passing at school.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users