Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chat lobby

#1 User is offline   Sipard 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-September-28, 07:18

Hi, i'm not able to chat on lobby. I can chat private, but i don't see my chat on lobby. Any help please?

#2 User is offline   Chas_P 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-September-28, 08:49

Sipard, on 2020-September-28, 07:18, said:

Hi, i'm not able to chat on lobby. I can chat private, but i don't see my chat on lobby. Any help please?

At the left of the chat line at the bottom of the screen is a blue button to set where your chat goes. By default it is set on Lobby. If you are at a table the default changes to Kibitzers. So if you are at a table and want to chat to the Lobby just click that blue button, select Lobby, and chat away.

#3 User is offline   Sipard 

• Pip

Posted 2020-September-28, 10:57

Thank you very much for your answer. I'm not sitting in a table, i'm in lobby, but can't still chat on it, only private, pls help me

#4 User is offline   Sipard 

• Pip

Posted 2020-September-28, 12:04

Chas_P, on 2020-September-28, 08:49, said:

At the left of the chat line at the bottom of the screen is a blue button to set where your chat goes. By default it is set on Lobby. If you are at a table the default changes to Kibitzers. So if you are at a table and want to chat to the Lobby just click that blue button, select Lobby, and chat away.
I do it so you tell me, nothing, can't chat

#5 User is offline   Chas_P 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-September-28, 13:04

Sipard, on 2020-September-28, 12:04, said:

I do it so you tell me, nothing, can't chat

If you are sitting in the lobby the blue button says Lobby. If you want to chat to the lobby just type your message in the chat line and hit the Chat button.

#6 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-September-28, 15:15

I Could Be Very Wrong, but I thought the ability to speak to the entire lobby was taken away from average Joes (as opposed to Vugraph announcements, etc.) in V2. It was a great feature when there were 50 people in the lobby and you could ask for a fourth. When there are 40 000, and another 40 000 asking for a player, not so much.

Sipard, can you explain what you want to accomplish that you think "lobby chat" would help with, please? Maybe we can help.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#7 User is offline   pescetom 

Posted 2020-September-28, 15:24

mycroft, on 2020-September-28, 15:15, said:

I Could Be Very Wrong, but I thought the ability to speak to the entire lobby was taken away from average Joes (as opposed to Vugraph announcements, etc.) in V2. It was a great feature when there were 50 people in the lobby and you could ask for a fourth. When there are 40 000, and another 40 000 asking for a player, not so much.

I totally agree, but fear you are wrong. I just tried to chat to lobby with this nickname which is long term but has no special privileges and I got no error message - nor 40 000 insults either, which suggests that nobody actually reads it and just as well too.

#8 User is offline   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-September-28, 17:31

pescetom, on 2020-September-28, 15:24, said:

I totally agree, but fear you are wrong. I just tried to chat to lobby with this nickname which is long term but has no special privileges and I got no error message - nor 40 000 insults either, which suggests that nobody actually reads it and just as well too.

There is an option (Account->Settings) to 'Show lobby chat'. I strongly suspect it is turned off by default. Even if not, I suspect most people will have turned it off.

I turned it on and messages do show up. Finally, I suspect that most people who look at the lobby chat are used to random messages popping up because people misdirected them, so simply couldn't be bothered to respond.

#9 User is offline   Chas_P 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-September-28, 17:52

mycroft, on 2020-September-28, 15:15, said:

Sipard, can you explain what you want to accomplish that you think "lobby chat" would help with, please?

A reasonable question.

#10 User is offline   Chas_P 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-September-28, 17:59

sfi, on 2020-September-28, 17:31, said:

There is an option (Account->Settings) to 'Show lobby chat'. I strongly suspect it is turned off by default.

That is correct. There is nothing to stop you from chatting to the lobby but unless those in the club, either in the lobby or at a table, have made a conscious effort to see what you're saying then you're just blowin' in the wind.

#11 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird

Posted 2020-September-29, 10:23

Ah, that's where I lost track. Of course I turned off lobby chat, and never saw any reason to turn it on ever in the last 15 years, so I internalized that it was removed.

Apologies, Sipard and all.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users