BBO Discussion Forums: Tournament Completion Rate problem - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tournament Completion Rate problem TCR seems stuck

#1 User is offline   Justus65 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-April-10, 16:00

Hi,
Somehow my Tournament Completion Rate is set/stuck at 89. I don't know how that happened, it is very, very rare for me not to finish a tournament. My board completion rate is set at 100 (....). Just to try things out, I did three free Express automated tournaments yesterday, completed them all, and m TCR was unchanged at 89. All of this is annoying, as I'm getting kicked out of (free) tournaments. Or maybe I just don't understand how this works.....
Thanks!

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-April-11, 15:13

View PostJustus65, on 2020-April-10, 16:00, said:

Hi,
Somehow my Tournament Completion Rate is set/stuck at 89. I don't know how that happened, it is very, very rare for me not to finish a tournament. My board completion rate is set at 100 (....). Just to try things out, I did three free Express automated tournaments yesterday, completed them all, and m TCR was unchanged at 89. All of this is annoying, as I'm getting kicked out of (free) tournaments. Or maybe I just don't understand how this works.....
Thanks!

You've played 48 tourneys in the past 60 days, and completed 43 of them, which is a little less than 90%.

You didn't finish the following:

Feb 23: #5547 Express - Free Automated Fun
Mar 10: #244 Express - Free TCR 80 Automated Fun
Mar 13: #3217 Express - Free Automated Fun
Mar 22: #5188 Express - Free Automated Fun
Apr 10: #4992 Express - Free TCR 80 Automated Fun

Also, TCR is only calculated once a day, it's not updated every time you finish a tourney.

#3 User is offline   Justus65 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-April-11, 16:48

View Postbarmar, on 2020-April-11, 15:13, said:

You've played 48 tourneys in the past 60 days, and completed 43 of them, which is a little less than 90%.

You didn't finish the following:

Feb 23: #5547 Express - Free Automated Fun
Mar 10: #244 Express - Free TCR 80 Automated Fun
Mar 13: #3217 Express - Free Automated Fun
Mar 22: #5188 Express - Free Automated Fun
Apr 10: #4992 Express - Free TCR 80 Automated Fun

Also, TCR is only calculated once a day, it's not updated every time you finish a tourney.

Hi,

Thanks for checking this out. Of course, the devil would have it that one hour after posting I had a mishap and missed a tournement (#4992), so actually my statistic should have been better. Anyway, it still sounds like a lot of tournements missed, so here's a follow up question: if I am dummy in the last board, and leave tthe table, does that count as a incomplete tournament (this might be part of the problem)?

#4 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2020-April-12, 19:47

View PostJustus65, on 2020-April-11, 16:48, said:

if I am dummy in the last board, and leave tthe table, does that count as a incomplete tournament (this might be part of the problem)?

Yes, I believe it does.

#5 User is offline   mahenjaye 

• Pip

Posted 2020-September-27, 04:54

I too would like to know why I am not accepted to play in this particular tournament on the same pretext. I have not quit any tourney halfway whether winning or losing with the exemption of a power failure which is a frequent phenomenon in this part of the world. I have logged in more than 5000+ times and have convinced many friend to join BBO which provides a fantastic recreational opportunity to us Bridge lovers who are now retired and crave for an intellectual game. Please let me know what prevents me from playing in these tourneys. Many thanks.

#6 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-September-27, 09:18

"which is a frequent phenomenon in this part of the world" is your answer. Tourney completion is intent-agnostic; it doesn't matter why you don't finish, just that you don't finish. If tourney organizers want people who basically always finish their tournaments, then they unfortunately also don't want people who frequently lose power in the 2 hours of the game, as well as the bailers on bad results, or bad partners, or don't care any more, or ...

Even if the stat wasn't designed for tournament organizers to use as a filter, it would be almost impossible to code any other way.

Your option is probably to find tournaments that don't require (as high) TCR, which should be common in your part of the world, as the organizers understand the flaky power requirements (and possibly have them) as well.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#7 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2020-September-28, 09:16

We only use tourneys from the last 60 days when updating your TCR; TCR is supposed to reflect your current conditions, not years past.

It looks like your TCR went up from 86 to 90 today. There was a tourney you dropped out of 61 days ago, so it aged out of the calculation this morning. Yesterday you had 19 completions out of 22, today it's 19 out of 21.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users