BBO Discussion Forums: 2 logon ids - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 logon ids can you watch yourself from another id?

#1 User is offline   dave1hall 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-September-22, 12:14

Recently noticed a person playing under a different ID.
Seems strange to me.
Doe bbo allow multiple log on ids?

#2 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-September-22, 13:22

Read about it on Bridgewinners.

It seems like 2-year bans are being given out. Not nearly enough as far as I am concerned.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#3 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-September-22, 16:20

Absolutely, people can have multiple IDs. Common reasons:
- my main is JLall (may his memory be a blessing). But sometimes I just want to watch my friends or play a drunken BS game without getting 100 requests an hour for team games.
- we're doing vugraph of the last day of the Reisinger and I want to watch both tables (or I'm doing commentary, and am commenting on both tables (IIRC, Roland had 5 walddk accounts, Al has at least 4)).
- I have three accounts myself; one for when I pretend to be an ACBL TD, one for when I pretend to be a club TD, and one for when I pretend to be a player.

Actually using two to self-kibitz is somewhat frowned upon (viz the 3-year bans when you're caught at it, -1/3 for good behaviour (pleading guilty rather than forcing a trial).) Can't be stopped, really.

Until we have a native delayed vugraph (the twitch delay is annoying because you're locked into the table/options the recorder likes), we're basically just going to have to "no kibitzers in Important Games"(tm People Who Think They're Important), which is a real shame, as it kills the meaning of said Important Games for everyone except the people playing (and in particular, the people getting paid to play).

You're welcome to kibitz when I'm just playing in Casual. You're welcome to self-kibitz and do better than your skill for all I care, if you need to win that way. I'd much rather J or D or M be able to show up and shoot the breeze for an hour or so with the four of us than worry about cheaters behind every couch.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#4 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-September-25, 06:58

I have at least 10 BBO accounts registered. If I wanted to, I could log on to all of them simultaneously. There is no limit to the number of accounts a single individual can create.
(-: Zel :-)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users