BBO Discussion Forums: Substitution Error - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Substitution Error Appears when trying to replace a robot.

#1 User is offline   m00036 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-September-21, 08:14

One player registered with a robot because her partner couldn't get online in time. 1 hour later her partner regained connection and wanted to join, but the error message displayed said "Cannot sub you in, this seat has already been taken" (something like that). I don't know why that would appear and I've never had an issue like that before - I don't know whether it's to stop people from paying $0.25 for a robot and then having a human partner? Or maybe just a bug in BBO.

#2 User is offline   Capt_Ravi 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-September-21, 09:14

m00036, on 2020-September-21, 08:14, said:

One player registered with a robot because her partner couldn't get online in time. 1 hour later her partner regained connection and wanted to join, but the error message displayed said "Cannot sub you in, this seat has already been taken" (something like that). I don't know why that would appear and I've never had an issue like that before - I don't know whether it's to stop people from paying $0.25 for a robot and then having a human partner? Or maybe just a bug in BBO.

I think if you register with a Robot, you cannot substitute the Robot later, because your registered partner is the Robot.
If your registered partner (human) got disconnected and was substituted with a Robot, then when the partner reconnects he/she can be re seated.

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-September-21, 15:53

Capt_Ravi, on 2020-September-21, 09:14, said:

I think if you register with a Robot, you cannot substitute the Robot later, because your registered partner is the Robot.
If your registered partner (human) got disconnected and was substituted with a Robot, then when the partner reconnects he/she can be re seated.

And if you registered with a Robot, can you be substituted with another Robot later?
Just curious, I don't allow registering with a Robot in my tournaments.

#4 User is offline   bjacobs 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-September-21, 16:22

Obviously it's to stop you scamming the system, and allowing players to play for $0.25 rather than the full price.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users