Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tournament options Use of options +howell+ and +rounds6+

#1 User is offline   thomsonk52 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-September-19, 15:11

I run a weekly tournamnet for my virtual club, usually 7 or 8 tables. We play 6x3 board rounds, unclocked. It is always a Mitchell style, 2-winner movement. If I use the options +howell+ and +rounds6+, will that give me a 6x3 board Howell movement? Any documentaion I can find is unclear on this point.

#2 User is offline   pgrice 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-September-19, 16:08

View Postthomsonk52, on 2020-September-19, 15:11, said:

I run a weekly tournamnet for my virtual club, usually 7 or 8 tables. We play 6x3 board rounds, unclocked. It is always a Mitchell style, 2-winner movement. If I use the options +howell+ and +rounds6+, will that give me a 6x3 board Howell movement? Any documentaion I can find is unclear on this point.

Documentation is here: https://blog.bridgeb...small-tourneys/

If the host account has the permit to use Howell movements ... and is online when the tourney starts ... and you set 18 boards with 3-boards per round ... and run Clocked ... it should do what you describe.

#3 User is offline   patr1cks 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-September-26, 11:09

View Postpgrice, on 2020-September-19, 16:08, said:

Documentation is here: https://blog.bridgeb...small-tourneys/

If the host account has the permit to use Howell movements ... and is online when the tourney starts ... and you set 18 boards with 3-boards per round ... and run Clocked ... it should do what you describe.

Is the host being online when the tourney starts a requirement for this to happen?

#4 User is offline   pgrice 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-September-26, 15:19

View Postpatr1cks, on 2020-September-26, 11:09, said:

Is the host being online when the tourney starts a requirement for this to happen?

Blog post says:

"The tourney host ( not a TD, the host – the person who created the Tourney ) must be online at tourney start time"

and it is in big letters, so I think she's serious about this. I don't think there is any requirement for the Host to stay logged in for the duration of the tourney. I also believe that all the description strings no longer have any case sensitivity.

Peter

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users