BBO Discussion Forums: Friends online disappear when i enter in the bridge club gameplay - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Friends online disappear when i enter in the bridge club gameplay

#1 User is offline   brandley2 

  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1
  • Joined: 2020-September-17

Posted 2020-September-17, 15:11

As a result, i cannot invite someone who is not in the lobby of bridge club, he/she appears to be offline. This is a major drawback that did not exist in previous version. Moreover, it would be nice to receive as mail, the chat msgs they send but are unable to talk to me directly, eg while playing a trney...

thanks,
S
0

#2 User is offline   helene_t 

  • The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 16,132
  • Joined: 2004-April-22
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Hamilton, New Zealand

Posted 2020-September-17, 17:44

The casual server is separate from the main server. When you go to the casual room, you can only see those friends who are also in the casual room.

So you have to agree with them to go to the casual room. Then when everyone is there, you can invite them.
... I am not at all keen on arriving at the 4 level with no idea of where our fit(s) might be. --- Zelandakh
0

#3 User is offline   Zacks1 

  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1
  • Joined: 2020-September-19

Posted 2020-September-19, 08:46

The two server system is really ill conceived and does not promote playing, chatting or messenging friends....in fact, it makes it almost impossible to find friends--unlike the old system where everyone was on one server and everyone could see, chat and msg everyone if not on Ignore list. It truly is an abhorrent design w/ many many flaws. Please get us back to ONE server ASAP !
0

#4 User is offline   pescetom 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,623
  • Joined: 2014-February-18
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Italy

Posted 2020-September-19, 14:32

View PostZacks1, on 2020-September-19, 08:46, said:

The two server system is really ill conceived and does not promote playing, chatting or messenging friends....in fact, it makes it almost impossible to find friends--unlike the old system where everyone was on one server and everyone could see, chat and msg everyone if not on Ignore list. It truly is an abhorrent design w/ many many flaws. Please get us back to ONE server ASAP !


The two server system was a necessary hack that saved the life of BBO when usage suddenly rose fourfold and no other solution was possible.
It seems to me quite a small price to pay, although (as so often) BBO could document and explain it better.
0

#5 User is offline   Chas_P 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows
  • Posts: 1,206
  • Joined: 2008-September-03
  • Location:Gainesville, GA USA

Posted 2020-September-19, 15:34

View Postpescetom, on 2020-September-19, 14:32, said:

The two server system was a necessary hack that saved the life of BBO when usage suddenly rose fourfold and no other solution was possible.
It seems to me quite a small price to pay, although (as so often) BBO could document and explain it better.

Diana_Eva did explain it quite thoroughly in the BBO Announcements and Special Events forum months ago when they first got it done. I cannot tell you how many complaining players I directed to that post. It's gone now. I wish she'd post it again. After all this time apparently there are a substantial number of members who still haven't read the post and therefore haven't figured out how to maneuver the two server setup.

#6 User is offline   Chas_P 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows
  • Posts: 1,206
  • Joined: 2008-September-03
  • Location:Gainesville, GA USA

Posted 2020-September-19, 15:35

View PostZacks1, on 2020-September-19, 08:46, said:

The two server system is really ill conceived and does not promote playing, chatting or messenging friends....in fact, it makes it almost impossible to find friends--unlike the old system where everyone was on one server and everyone could see, chat and msg everyone if not on Ignore list. It truly is an abhorrent design w/ many many flaws. Please get us back to ONE server ASAP !


As the old saying goes, "When all else fails, read the instructions."

#7 User is offline   smerriman 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,798
  • Joined: 2014-March-15
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2020-September-19, 20:17

View PostChas_P, on 2020-September-19, 15:34, said:

It's gone now. I wish she'd post it again.

It hasn't gone. You just need to change the filters at the bottom of the forum to show posts older than the 30 days, which it stops at by default.
0

#8 User is offline   Chas_P 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows
  • Posts: 1,206
  • Joined: 2008-September-03
  • Location:Gainesville, GA USA

Posted 2020-September-20, 08:05

View Postsmerriman, on 2020-September-19, 20:17, said:

It hasn't gone. You just need to change the filters at the bottom of the forum to show posts older than the 30 days, which it stops at by default.

Got it. Thanks!

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users