BBO Discussion Forums: The best time to lead away from an Ace - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The best time to lead away from an Ace In a suit contract

#1 User is online   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-September-16, 18:49

When it makes no difference?
When it isn't you?
In space when nobody can hear you scream?
Who really cares anymore?
Fortunately, I'm in an IMP's tournament, so being in a contract instead of NT didn't make much difference.
Neither does the 4th down lead by the East robot!
Here's the link
North ignores my pleas and bids 4 even after I tell him I haven't got any. Then East leads the 3

Non legit hoc

#2 User is offline   AL78 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, hiking, cycling, gardening, weight training

Posted 2020-September-17, 02:46

You have indirectly told North you have a couple of hearts when you bid 1NT (there is a possibility you could have a singleton but it is more likely you have two). I don't understand what the 2 was all about, I'd have just bid 4. Why give the opponents a guided tour of your hands?

#3 User is online   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-September-17, 02:56

AL78, on 2020-September-17, 02:46, said:

You have indirectly told North you have a couple of hearts when you bid 1NT (there is a possibility you could have a singleton but it is more likely you have two). I don't understand what the 2 was all about, I'd have just bid 4. Why give the opponents a guided tour of your hands?

That's exactly what I was thinking - but the mind of a robot is a strange place indeed. Full of mystery. Who knows what my robot was 'thinking' this time? I just put my coin in the slot and hope for the best.
Non legit hoc

#4 User is offline   Huibertus 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-September-17, 03:33

On this hand, I like the small club lead, dummy could have KJXX of clubs instead of KQXX in which case partner could make Q and would get a ruff. Also patner holding Trump Ace instead of Ace would get him a ruff that he couldn't otherwise get.

In general, when Dummy is strong and one would expect partner to hold about a queen and nothing more, and you have no attractive lead, sure underlead an ace. Also i've seen great results underleading aces in dummys known side suit when leader had a known void.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users