• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Invisible and +allavail+

#1 User is offline   McBruce 

• NOS (usually)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-September-15, 11:28

Just had a tournament start delayed by +allavail+ because player x was offline. I usually tell player x's partner in case they can call and give them about 90 seconds. Finally I gave up and zapped the offline registrations and the tournament began, with player x in, but still listed as offline. Is it possible that logging in as invisible does this: sees a player as offline until the tournament begins, then realizes that they are actually around?
ACBL TD--got my start in 2002 directing games at BBO!
Please come back to the live game; I directed enough online during COVID for several lifetimes.
Bruce McIntyre, Yamaha WX5 Roland AE-10G AKAI EWI SOLO virtuoso-in-training

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-September-16, 15:36

View PostMcBruce, on 2020-September-15, 11:28, said:

Just had a tournament start delayed by +allavail+ because player x was offline. I usually tell player x's partner in case they can call and give them about 90 seconds. Finally I gave up and zapped the offline registrations and the tournament began, with player x in, but still listed as offline. Is it possible that logging in as invisible does this: sees a player as offline until the tournament begins, then realizes that they are actually around?

Nope, server is aware that the player is actually logged on. Invisible players are sucked into their games all the time. This is no different than him being taken to a speedball (or discarded, respectively). He probably was legit disconnected and managed to come back, it was not just his invisibility status that made him appear offline.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users