BBO Discussion Forums: Simple questions I don't know the answer to - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Simple questions I don't know the answer to 1) Speedball 2) ACBL

#1 User is offline   deisenbe 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-September-17, 11:27

1. If there's a description of Speedball anywhere on the site, I can't find it. What are the rules?

2. Which events require everyone to be an ACBL member? I am, but my usual partner isn't.

#2 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-September-17, 11:46

1. 5 minutes/board instead of 7. So 11 minutes per 2-board round, instead of 15. Very aggressively kept to time. If you're slow, you're likely to get adjustments; if you're perenially slow, those adjustments are likely to be in the opponents' favour.

2. Definitely ACBL tournaments. Not sure about the "BBO ACBL club" ("ACBL World"). Defnitely not ACBL Virtual clubs (unless you're a "member" - have played at that club in the 18 months prior to lockdown).

Note there are tons of events that aren't ACBL events (many with their own restrictions, of course), and there's the casual server or team games that have no restrictions at all.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-September-18, 20:46

The games that require you to be an ACBL member are ACBL Virtual Club games -- you also have to have played at that club in real life in 2019 or 2020.

ACBL Speedballs and Individuals don't require you to be an ACBL member.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users