• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trying To Join Tables

#1 User is offline   hollyman99 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-September-13, 14:41

I keep running into these situations"
Scenario 1: Player in a seat "permission To sit" is not indicated.I sit and say hello.No response.After 5 or ten seconds person leaves I am host.This also happens with 2 players seated,

Scenario 2:Sit at table with a player "permission to sit: not indicated .I say hello no response,wait 20-30 seconds all of a sudden I am returned to tables.

Scenario 3:I press :permission to sit: button.Response A: Waiting for permission Response NOTHING!!
B: Waiting for permission Response Error with table or permission denied
I sometimes can go an hour without a successful seating.What am I doing wrong? I have my profile filled out including the system I play my level,conventions I play and I try to play at a table that the players are close to my Level.
As a side thought (I don't know if this matters or not),My join date was 8 0r 9 years ago but I couldn't play again until recently,therefore my logins are 100+ .Would this affect what they think(member this long and only 100 Logins.
Any facts or thoughts on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Michael

#2 User is online   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-September-14, 10:52

Best is to find one person you can play with; partnerships tend to be more stable than singles.

Hosting your own table helps - then it's just the opponents that are bouncing back and forth.

The permanent partnership desk is hell; my first goal is getting out of that, live or online. It's even more fun online where people aren't committed to 24 boards; they can and do bail on the first "idiotic mistake" their partner makes (in their eyes); they can and do leave because the door rang, they just finished, but we haven't closed the table yet; ...

Keep an eye on the opponents as well; some of them might be good partners next time (and some immediately go on the "never again" list!)
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users