Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 Table Tourney small tourney with 18 boards

#1 User is offline   Bri_and 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-September-09, 02:09

Hi, - new TD about to setup my first tourney..... I'm expecting 7 tables so am going for 3 board rounds. If I only get 6 tables will everybody play the last round against previous opps - or will the last round be cancelled ?

#2 User is offline   kenjay 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-September-09, 02:46

View PostBri_and, on 2020-September-09, 02:09, said:

Hi, - new TD about to setup my first tourney..... I'm expecting 7 tables so am going for 3 board rounds. If I only get 6 tables will everybody play the last round against previous opps - or will the last round be cancelled ?

Depends how many boards you are happy playing. If you set up for 18 boards at 3 boards/round then that will cater for all tables 6 and above. Your post suggest you are setting 21 boards at 3 boards/round which will cater for 7 tables and above. If you do this and only 6 tables enter then yes, you will play the first pair again. There are other options playing Howell movements. I tend to adjust my movements just before the tournament starts when I have a good idea of table numbers.

#3 User is offline   Bri_and 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-September-09, 02:48

View Postkenjay, on 2020-September-09, 02:46, said:

Depends how many boards you are happy playing. If you set up for 18 boards at 3 boards/round then that will cater for all tables 6 and above. Your post suggest you are setting 21 boards at 3 boards/round which will cater for 7 tables and above. If you do this and only 6 tables enter then yes, you will play the first pair again. There are other options playing Howell movements. I tend to adjust my movements just before the tournament starts when I have a good idea of table numbers.

Thanks for clarifying this

#4 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-September-09, 10:35

You can reconfigure rounds and boards right up to the last minute using Edit Tournament.

Risky when using predealt hands, however.

#5 User is offline   kenjay 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-September-09, 11:41

View Postpescetom, on 2020-September-09, 10:35, said:

You can reconfigure rounds and boards right up to the last minute using Edit Tournament.

Risky when using predealt hands, however.

Indeed. I believe you need to modify tourney back to random deals, change movement, save, then modify and save again to us saved deals.

#6 User is offline   bjacobs 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-September-09, 17:04

You may be thinking of a real-life Mitchell which would involve a skip after 3 rounds, and hence a revenge round.

That doesn't apply on-line. 6x3 board rounds is just perfect for 6 tables: a complete movement. More tables also fine.

Fewer tables gives you revenge rounds ... rounds do not get cancelled.

If it's your first time, I suggest you just go with 18 boards, 6x3 board rounds, clocked, barometer, random (not predealt) hands. It should be fine.

(Reconfiguring just before start time is too stressful for a first-timer.)

#7 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-September-10, 02:51

View Postkenjay, on 2020-September-09, 11:41, said:

Indeed. I believe you need to modify tourney back to random deals, change movement, save, then modify and save again to us saved deals.

A saved deals tournament will explode (without prior warning or error messages) if you reconfigure to require more hands than were originally required. I suspect it may explode even just for any change to rounds/boards. Even your bypass is risky with only minutes to go, as a saved deals tournament does not always save correctly at first effort (unless this too has been fixed recently).

#8 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-September-11, 01:44

View Postpescetom, on 2020-September-10, 02:51, said:

A saved deals tournament will explode (without prior warning or error messages) if you reconfigure to require more hands than were originally required. I suspect it may explode even just for any change to rounds/boards. Even your bypass is risky with only minutes to go, as a saved deals tournament does not always save correctly at first effort (unless this too has been fixed recently).

The problem with adjusting board number was fixed, but the original folder the tourney points to still needs to have enough deals in it, otherwise the tourney will crash with "not enough deals" error.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users