Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Two Suggestions

#1 User is offline   jlhoweiii 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-September-08, 19:01

I play exclusively on the Casual server (for now anyway).

I have two suggestions for "Account / Settings" that would help me and the people I play with...

1 - Specify a time delay for Robot bidding and play. They are just too fast. The delay, in seconds, could be an integer between 0 and [10]. 0 means no delay and would be the default. Bidding and Play could have separate specifications.

2 - Specify the suit to be placed to the left (or right?) in the Dummy when playing a notrump contract. I was taught to always place Clubs to the declarer's left in the Dummy for notrump contracts. I hate to think of how many times on BBO I've screwed up because I saw a good Spade suit and forgot the the contract was in notrump.

#2 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-September-08, 19:50

View Postjlhoweiii, on 2020-September-08, 19:01, said:

I play exclusively on the Casual server (for now anyway).

I have two suggestions for "Account / Settings" that would help me and the people I play with...

1 - Specify a time delay for Robot bidding and play. They are just too fast. The delay, in seconds, could be an integer between 0 and [10]. 0 means no delay and would be the default. Bidding and Play could have separate specifications.

2 - Specify the suit to be placed to the left (or right?) in the Dummy when playing a notrump contract. I was taught to always place Clubs to the declarer's left in the Dummy for notrump contracts. I hate to think of how many times on BBO I've screwed up because I saw a good Spade suit and forgot the the contract was in notrump.

1. Does it matter how fast the robot plays? You can always take your time after the robot has acted.

2. BBO has a feature that is not available in live bridge — the contract is always visible on the screen.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#3 User is offline   jlhoweiii 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-September-14, 12:09

1. True, but it's disconcerting/intimidating to newer players.

2. Also true, but I still catch myself occasionally thinking that spades are trump. The people I play with have also be caught by the same mistake.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users