BBO Discussion Forums: Dual Play - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dual Play Can you play the same hands on BBO as at your club?

#1 User is offline   miketheb 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-September-07, 04:45

Hi All

Is it possible to play the same hands on BBO and your club at the same time; and score as if we are were playing in the same room?

For the sake of a simple description I use the term "Dual Play"

This would help those who for whatever reason could not be able to attend the club - i.e. holiday, hospital, travel away, etc, etc

Mike

#2 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-September-07, 04:52

If everyone has a computer or other device with them there are several options.

Apart from team matches which are free to set up group challenges can be easily done, but it sounds like you want something more complicated.
Non legit hoc

#3 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-September-07, 07:51

View Postpilowsky, on 2020-September-07, 04:52, said:

If everyone has a computer or other device with them there are several options.

Apart from team matches which are free to set up group challenges can be easily done, but it sounds like you want something more complicated.

There was a recent thread which described how to do this. I doubt it would be reasonable to offer this any time outside of this current situation; it’s a lot of effort for just a few people, and they would need to be in a section so it doesn’t seem like they will frequently be enough players playing online. If you really wanted to do it though of course you could have some of the people at the club playing online thus being in this section.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#4 User is online   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-September-07, 15:28

View PostVampyr, on 2020-September-07, 07:51, said:

There was a recent thread which described how to do this. .

To say the thread described how to do this is generous. Let's say that so far it outlined the possibility to do so, I hope it evolves to more precise discussion of software issues and not just for EBU either. A generic thread (or even forum) discussing this important possibility would be much welcome.

#5 User is offline   miketheb 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-September-08, 01:55

View Postpescetom, on 2020-September-07, 15:28, said:

To say the thread described how to do this is generous. Let's say that so far it outlined the possibility to do so, I hope it evolves to more precise discussion of software issues and not just for EBU either. A generic thread (or even forum) discussing this important possibility would be much welcome.

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

I will contact the Hackathon bridge group who have been cloud funded to create bridge software. As they are starting development from scratch it may be easier to implement.

I know what I have asked about can be done - some smart person can do it - I am sure of that :-)

Mike

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users