BBO Discussion Forums: Simultaneous Online and Live Play - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Simultaneous Online and Live Play Help Needed

#1 User is offline   lamford 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-September-05, 04:03

The North London Club will be running a simultaneous online and live game on 29th September (and hopefully thereafter), with members able to choose which game they attend, but the scores will be merged as one event. We duplicate the boards for live play and generate a .pbn file, and I believe this can be imported into BBO, maybe after conversion. I think, at the end of play, the BBO file can be imported into Bridge Scorer to merge the two sets of results. We use Bridgemates at the club. Any advice on the best way of doing this would be much appreciated, please.
I prefer to give the lawmakers credit for stating things for a reason - barmar

#2 User is online   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-September-05, 07:31

View Postlamford, on 2020-September-05, 04:03, said:

The North London Club will be running a simultaneous online and live game on 29th September (and hopefully thereafter), with members able to choose which game they attend, but the scores will be merged as one event. We duplicate the boards for live play and generate a .pbn file, and I believe this can be imported into BBO, maybe after conversion. I think, at the end of play, the BBO file can be imported into Bridge Scorer to merge the two sets of results. We use Bridgemates at the club. Any advice on the best way of doing this would be much appreciated, please.

Best of luck, and please keep us all informed on how it works and what problems you encounter, as many of us would be interested in doing the same.

BBO cannot import .PBN, unfortunately, but you can convert to .LIN and then import that.
Here is a page listing some ways to convert .PBN to .LIN.

I have no clue how to export results from BBO to a bridge scoring program, maybe someone else can outline this (preferably for any generic program, not just specifically for Bridge Scorer as each RA has its own scoring program).

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-September-05, 07:52

A French club did this several times quite successfully. I'll send you their contact info in private, I'm sure they won't mind to share their experience.

http://bcga74.fr/fiba-2020-episode-ii/

This post has been edited by diana_eva: 2020-September-05, 07:56

#4 User is offline   kenjay 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-September-05, 11:29

View Postdiana_eva, on 2020-September-05, 07:52, said:

A French club did this several times quite successfully. I'll send you their contact info in private, I'm sure they won't mind to share their experience.

http://bcga74.fr/fiba-2020-episode-ii/

When you create the xml file of your online event, this can be imported directly into EBUscore, call this section B. Your Bridgemates will have created section A in EBUscore. Now just merge the two sections to create one results file etc. Not sure if Bridge scorer will do the same but it should.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-September-08, 15:36

The North London Club...

Is this the same club that's frequently mentioned in "Laws and Rulings" threads? :)

#6 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-September-08, 17:42

View Postbarmar, on 2020-September-08, 15:36, said:

Is this the same club that's frequently mentioned in "Laws and Rulings" threads? :)

Yes, but that is not the real name.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#7 User is offline   krychu 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-September-19, 02:27

I can recommend different scoring program that has possibility of merging live and BBO games.
http://tournamentcalculator.com/

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users