Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Just Play Bridge What IOS is needed

#1 User is offline   sarahelwes 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-August-12, 12:36

Purchased an old ipad model running IOS 9.3.5 for a friend just to use on bridgebsse. However he cannot access Solitaire Just Play Bridge on that software.

I want to get him another ipad which runs IOS 10. Will he be able to access Solitaire Just Play Bridge with that?

Any answers gratefully received as he is desperate to get going!

Thanks
Sarah G

#2 User is offline   peterb001 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-August-12, 17:19

I don't have the technology to check this out, but I would expect that everything will work by accessing the BBO site through the browser. How is he trying to access BBO, and what is the problem that he has?

#3 User is offline   sarahelwes 

• Pip

Posted 2020-August-13, 01:53

peterb001, on 2020-August-12, 17:19, said:

I don't have the technology to check this out, but I would expect that everything will work by accessing the BBO site through the browser. How is he trying to access BBO, and what is the problem that he has?

All fine with every aspect of BBO Accessed through browser, except he cannot access Solitaire Just Play bridge. Gets a message “Connection problem retrying” - followed by another pop up box saying “service unavailable. Please refresh page or try again later”.There has been another post about this problem using an old version of Ipad using IOS 9.3.5. MOST ANNOYING! I can return his current ipad but dont want the same thing to happen again. Any help gratefully received. Thanks SG

#4 User is offline   sarahelwes 

• Pip

Posted 2020-August-13, 02:03

All fine with every aspect of BBO Accessed through browser, except he cannot access Solitaire Just Play bridge. Gets a message “Connection problem retrying” - followed by another pop up box saying “service unavailable. Please refresh page or try again later”.There has been another post about this problem using an old version of Ipad using IOS 9.3.5. MOST ANNOYING! I can return his current ipad but dont want the same thing to happen again. Any help gratefully received. Thanks SG

#5 User is offline   gbb483 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-August-13, 03:42

I use an old iPad using ios 10.3.4

As far as I recall (it was awhile ago I tested everything) the only thing it fails to do is access some of the hosting menu options when trying to run a teams game. Then I have to revert to a laptop.

#6 User is offline   sarahelwes 

• Pip

Posted 2020-August-13, 05:12

gbb483, on 2020-August-13, 03:42, said:

I use an old iPad using ios 10.3.4

As far as I recall (it was awhile ago I tested everything) the only thing it fails to do is access some of the hosting menu options when trying to run a teams game. Then I have to revert to a laptop.

Thanks. I see you were using IOS 10.3.4 and his machine has only 9.3.5

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users