• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

would it be possible? a tournament with N boards against one pair only

#1 User is offline   Sambolino 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-August-03, 18:52

Hi all,

I never made a tourney on BBO and I'm thinking about possibilities of organizing Serbian national championships online.
One of our main events in a year is a tournament where (up to) 16 pairs play long IMP matches (say 14 boards) in a round-robin.
Would it be possible to make a tournament where a pair would play only against single pair in one long round?

Cheers,
Veljko

#2 User is offline   m00036 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-04, 09:49

View PostSambolino, on 2020-August-03, 18:52, said:

Hi all,

I never made a tourney on BBO and I'm thinking about possibilities of organizing Serbian national championships online.
One of our main events in a year is a tournament where (up to) 16 pairs play long IMP matches (say 14 boards) in a round-robin.
Would it be possible to make a tournament where a pair would play only against single pair in one long round?

Cheers,
Veljko

I think it is possible to create a tournament with just 1 round in theory but you can't choose who plays who so it wouldn't work for setting up a round-robin. Most championships of this sort are arranged with multiple team matches (the IMP score that appears is irrelevant, they are then extracted to your normal scoring program and X-IMPs calculated separately).

#3 User is offline   Sambolino 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-06, 15:15

View Postm00036, on 2020-August-04, 09:49, said:

I think it is possible to create a tournament with just 1 round in theory but you can't choose who plays who so it wouldn't work for setting up a round-robin. Most championships of this sort are arranged with multiple team matches (the IMP score that appears is irrelevant, they are then extracted to your normal scoring program and X-IMPs calculated separately).

Thanks, that's a very sensible way to do it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users