BBO Discussion Forums: Making the dummy hand more obvious - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Making the dummy hand more obvious Mark dummy with different color

#1 User is offline   Dacbridge 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-August-03, 13:36

I have been teaching my husband how to play bridge on BBO and he has asked several times which hand is the dummy while he is declarer (since you are able to see both hands). I think someone had suggested this tool in the past: maybe BBO can make it more obvious by adding a red line underneath the dummy’s cards. This is just a suggestion but I think it would be helpful, even for more experienced players.

#2 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-August-03, 14:39

View PostDacbridge, on 2020-August-03, 13:36, said:

I have been teaching my husband how to play bridge on BBO and he has asked several times which hand is the dummy while he is declarer (since you are able to see both hands). I think someone had suggested this tool in the past: maybe BBO can make it more obvious by adding a red line underneath the dummy’s cards. This is just a suggestion but I think it would be helpful, even for more experienced players.

If you use the "Hand Diagram" option rather than (the default) "Pictures of cards", then the dummy has a grey background. I am dumb enough to find this useful not just as Declarer but also as Dummy or Defender. Unfortunately there is no such background in "Picture of cards" mode. BBO is aware of this limitation and will probably fix it within a few years, if anyone is still using "Pictures of cards" by then :)

#3 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2020-August-03, 21:16

View Postpescetom, on 2020-August-03, 14:39, said:

If you use the "Hand Diagram" option rather than (the default) "Pictures of cards", then the dummy has a grey background.

Wow learn something new everyday!
Sarcasm is a state of mind

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users