BBO Discussion Forums: Disconnected from internet while playing on BBO - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Disconnected from internet while playing on BBO disconnected from internet while playing bridge on BBO

#1 User is offline   rbon1 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-August-03, 18:21

We have a very fast wifi network (~200mbs) and no issues with any other website. However when we play on BBO.com (either tournaments with real players or with Robots), usually at least once during each tournament, we get booted off the internet AND we lose the BBO connection. Sometimes, we don't even realized we have lost the connection and are wondering why the other player is taking so long to play or bid and then we discover that we have been disconnected. This happens using a MacBook Pro computer running the latest operating system update and it happens while using either the Safari or Chrome browsers. Our ISP is Xfinity and we have no issues with any other website--just BBO. I saw an earlier thread in which many users describe what seems to me to the same problem.

I would very much appreciate hearing from BBO technical support regarding possible solutions to this issue. Thank you

#2 User is online   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-August-03, 21:08

Do you have the same problem when you play on your cellphone?
Have you checked the 'outages' map for your provider in your area?

#3 User is offline   big2wang 

• Pip

Posted 2020-October-19, 09:50

View Postrbon1, on 2020-August-03, 18:21, said:

We have a very fast wifi network (~200mbs) and no issues with any other website. However when we play on BBO.com (either tournaments with real players or with Robots), usually at least once during each tournament, we get booted off the internet AND we lose the BBO connection. Sometimes, we don't even realized we have lost the connection and are wondering why the other player is taking so long to play or bid and then we discover that we have been disconnected. This happens using a MacBook Pro computer running the latest operating system update and it happens while using either the Safari or Chrome browsers. Our ISP is Xfinity and we have no issues with any other website--just BBO. I saw an earlier thread in which many users describe what seems to me to the same problem.

I would very much appreciate hearing from BBO technical support regarding possible solutions to this issue. Thank you

I have exactly the same problem as you described. It's very annoying during a tournament as I don't even know that I am the one who's disconnected (I thought I was waiting on another player and sometimes I couldn't understand why that player is taking that long to make an obvious "pass" bid LOL). BTW, I am not even using wireless, the internet connection of my iMac
is wired - it's clearly not an internet issue. To me, it seems to be some BBO bug (specific to Mac). To be clear, I never lose internet connection on my iMac, even during the period when my BBO was disconnected.

Have you figured out your issue? I also appreciate any input from other BBO players who use Mac.

#4 User is offline   rmart10 

• Pip

Posted 2020-November-14, 07:50

View Postrbon1, on 2020-August-03, 18:21, said:

I have exactly the same problem using a Mac. Does't happen on any other website

#5 User is offline   grannyjann 

• Pip

Posted 2020-November-15, 06:28

Same problem here using MAC , Chrome and very fast broadband. Only affects BBO. Never lose internet connection. So problem lies with BBO. Most annoying.

#6 User is offline   mwzw 

• Pip

Posted 2020-November-22, 09:59

i am having the same- "connection lost" problem. this past tuesday i lost connection 8 times in an hour. i have checked my computer, router- etc and had some computer techies check all the settings, different browsers. turning on and off- etc. but it is continuing to happen. i am with verizon. i have no issues with any other sites, and i have not changed anything on my computer or where it sits. i can play on my ipad and phone without losing connection.
please help.

#7 User is offline   hersh1221 

• Pip

Posted 2021-January-17, 12:29

Having the same issue and in the last month the issue is worsen and loosing connection more often. Is anyone get an answer from BBO if they are going to fix the issue. Btw, it never disconnects when playing on Windows platform using the same internet connectivity.

#8 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-January-17, 16:35

I know it's frustrating, but there's nothing I know of that we could be doing that would cause the WiFi to disconnect -- it shouldn't even be possible for a browser application to do this.

#9 User is offline   emmemm 

• Pip

Posted 2021-January-26, 15:32

+1. bbo connection problems on my wifes mac book. Nearly impossible to survive a tournament.
running WLAN diagnostic software shows excellent connection.
Windows, Android, iPad on the same WLAN running without problems.

#10 User is offline   buzzp 

• Pip

Posted 2021-February-17, 13:57

My wife and I play a casual game with another couple every Wednesday from 10:30 AM to 12:30. Last Wednesday I was disconnected from BBO twice and sent back to the Home page to reset up the table. The three other plyers had to log out and log back in to be reinvited to the table. BUT today was MUCH worse. I was disconnected three times during the first half hour of play. Then about 11:15 the other couple were replaced by robots about a minute apart (so it wasn't their internet connection failed or they would both have disappeared at the same time). At this point we were all so frustrated with BBO we quit trying to play. BBO has become an important part of our social life and I hope it can quickly discover and solve these connectivity problems.

#11 User is online   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-February-17, 15:43

View Postbuzzp, on 2021-February-17, 13:57, said:

My wife and I play a casual game with another couple every Wednesday from 10:30 AM to 12:30. Last Wednesday I was disconnected from BBO twice and sent back to the Home page to reset up the table. The three other plyers had to log out and log back in to be reinvited to the table. BUT today was MUCH worse. I was disconnected three times during the first half hour of play. Then about 11:15 the other couple were replaced by robots about a minute apart (so it wasn't their internet connection failed or they would both have disappeared at the same time). At this point we were all so frustrated with BBO we quit trying to play. BBO has become an important part of our social life and I hope it can quickly discover and solve these connectivity problems.

There are many factors that affect whether or not you will suffer disconnections.
e.g.
  • Your device (phone tablet, PC - old or new, Mac)
  • Programs running in the background
  • Your internet provider
  • Your internet plan
  • Number of people using your internet service at the same time
  • Server problems
  • Problems with the program itself.
  • The number of people using BBO at the same time.
  • Activities that BBO may be running at a particular time of day
  • Actual bugs in the software. (...bugs in the software Flash the message, something's out there ) - Oddly, the German lyrics are quite different.

All of these different things can - alone or in combination - cause major problems.

It may help if you specify which systems you and your friends are using so that BBO and other people can search for common 'threads'.

Yesterday, a tournament was suddenly cancelled for no obvious reason in the middle of a board. No idea why. Never happened before. My partner (in London, England) and I were suddenly 'booted' (opposite of started) - go figure.

An opp once said to me "I like the cut of your gib". Perhaps GIB just didn't like your cut.

#12 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-February-18, 16:59

FWIW, maybe have a 2nd tab open with a connection to BBO, eg, to these forums?

#13 User is offline   Tim46 

• Pip

Posted 2021-March-23, 14:35

View Postpilowsky, on 2021-February-17, 15:43, said:

There are many factors that affect whether or not you will suffer disconnections.
e.g.
  • Your device (phone tablet, PC - old or new, Mac)
  • Programs running in the background
  • Your internet provider
  • Your internet plan
  • Number of people using your internet service at the same time
  • Server problems
  • Problems with the program itself.
  • The number of people using BBO at the same time.
  • Activities that BBO may be running at a particular time of day
  • Actual bugs in the software. (...bugs in the software Flash the message, something's out there ) - Oddly, the German lyrics are quite different.

All of these different things can - alone or in combination - cause major problems.

It may help if you specify which systems you and your friends are using so that BBO and other people can search for common 'threads'.

Yesterday, a tournament was suddenly cancelled for no obvious reason in the middle of a board. No idea why. Never happened before. My partner (in London, England) and I were suddenly 'booted' (opposite of started) - go figure.

An opp once said to me "I like the cut of your gib". Perhaps GIB just didn't like your cut.

#14 User is offline   Tim46 

• Pip

Posted 2021-March-23, 15:04

I have the asme problem of losing connection mid game. Happened at least 4 times today in less than 2 hours- 4pm to 6pm in UK. I am using a Macair laptop on Chrome. My partner is in the same house using a vey old Ipad using Safari. She didn't lose connection today. We're playing against 2 friends in their separate houses. My wifi in the house is good - 65Mb/sec and can watch Netflix etc without any buffering. Don't have same problems on Realbridge when there is video and voice whilst in play. What is the solution? Please email tryates@gmail.com with any specific suggestions as I can't see any positive help coming from BBO except general issues with no clear indication of what to do. Thanks

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users