Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Abusive players

#1 User is offline   gparkerinc 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-August-06, 19:45

Is there a way to report abusive players? I just encountered someone who used very ugly language about the bidding, then put the hand in 7NT and left. And it's not the first time I've seen that kind of behavior, but this was the worst. Upsetting. What can be done??

#2 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-August-07, 00:49

abuse@bridgebase.com
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

#3 User is offline   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-August-07, 02:36

Also, in the web client, there in a "Report abuse" button when you look at any profile.

#4 User is offline   dave251164 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-August-07, 11:23

At least your opp, West had 6 points to open 7NT, because at another table South opened it 7NT on 4 points!
Not sure that I've ever seen the same grand bid in both directions on the same board?!

#5 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-07, 12:27

dave251164, on 2020-August-07, 11:23, said:

At least your opp, West had 6 points to open 7NT, because at another table South opened it 7NT on 4 points!
Not sure that I've ever seen the same grand bid in both directions on the same board?!

Why would anyone do this?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#6 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-07, 18:12

Vampyr, on 2020-August-07, 12:27, said:

Why would anyone do this?

Because they are sociopaths?

This particular player played in 19 7NT contracts in the past month. I didn't check every hand but every one I looked at this player immediately bid 7NT at the first opportunity with random hands.

#7 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-07, 19:09

There's one player on BBO who sits in the main bridge club and psychs every single hand. Literally, over a thousand times in the last month (averaging -2 imps/board). Have reported them numerous times, yet nothing happens. I guess they enjoy upsetting every player that is unfortunate to join and BBO doesn't care.

#8 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-08, 10:13

johnu, on 2020-August-07, 18:12, said:

Because they are sociopaths?

This particular player played in 19 7NT contracts in the past month. I didn't check every hand but every one I looked at this player immediately bid 7NT at the first opportunity with random hands.

smerriman, on 2020-August-07, 19:09, said:

There's one player on BBO who sits in the main bridge club and psychs every single hand. Literally, over a thousand times in the last month (averaging -2 imps/board). Have reported them numerous times, yet nothing happens. I guess they enjoy upsetting every player that is unfortunate to join and BBO doesn't care.

Gosh, joining a bridge site with the sole purpose of upsetting people? I guess the only option is to open the table or match and only allow friends or BBO friends to play.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users