Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Untrained Robots Erratic behavior of robots

#1 User is offline   ranakol53 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-July-20, 08:33

I have been a member for quite sometime now. Of late I find very erratic behavior from my robot partners.
Let me site an example:
I have opened abid of 1 Heart with 14 HCP and a 6 card Heart comprising of AQJ1084 The other cards are Spades- A,
Diamond -10x and Club-K9xx My LHS opponent seal a contract of 3 No Trumps, which I double and is promptly redoubled.
My partner Robot holds a hand as Spade - xxx. Heart -x Diamond -xx and Cbub - J10xxxx.
The robots leads from Diamond - xx and the contract is made.
My question is what logic prompted the Robot to lead a diamond and not the singleton heart. Diamond disd not mean a lead with interest. I would have accepted a lead of clubs too from a six card suit. But why a diamond of all other suit. It made me think that my partner Robot is void in Hearts.
Forget the saying Lead partners bid suit if you have no interest, honour partner's bid and lead that suit mandatorily when partner has doubled the final contract after bidding a suit. Else you are insulting the partner.
Do I assume that BBO authorities are deliberately not grooming Robots to insult individual members of BBO, indicating that these members are unwanted by BBO and they want members who buy Robots and participate?

#2 User is online   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-July-20, 13:22

When did you start playing with GIB robots? Surely you must have noticed that leading partner's suit is way down on the list of GIB lead priorities, especially with a singleton. The double has no significance for GIB.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users