BBO Discussion Forums: Registered Pair not included in Tournament - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Registered Pair not included in Tournament A pair registered to play in a tournament were not seated

#1 User is offline   jdempsey52 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-May-16, 06:30

I set up a paying tournament yesterday to start at 19:50

15 pairs registered to play but when the tournament started one pair were ejected and the tournament went ahead with 7 tables

The ejected pair did have money in their BBO$ and the entry fee was not deducted - good
They thought they were both online at the starting time

I had +allavail+ in the description and did not see any messages about missing players
I had checked if everyone was online in the minutes up to the start time and everyone seemed to be online

The Host TD was online at the start time

Is there any way to check the history log to discover why they were not accepted?

I am a new TD Host so I am anxious to see if I had setup the tournament incorrectly

Do I need to specify sitouts are allowed?

Thanks

#2 User is offline   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-May-16, 14:49

Collection is done at seating time. No seat, no charge.
Other possibilities for not being seated:

• Not connected (if missed the seating call, there are no second chances). (INCLUDING being in the Casual server)
  • Playing in a different tourney.
  • Being in a teaching table.

Maybe others not coming to mind now.

#3 User is offline   morganwilk 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-May-20, 06:11

I also have had a tournament where two pairs were logged in at the start of the tournament (May 21st). Both pairs saw the initial welcome message then say the tournament disappeared. I did not see them in the list of tables. I do not know why this happened. I am now warning participants that they may be ejected without warning at the start of the tournament.

#4 User is offline   Rossoneri 

• Wabbit
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-June-03, 08:54

This also happened to a pair today in a tournament I was running.
SCBA National TD, EBU Club TD

Unless explicitly stated, none of my views here can be taken to represent SCBA or any other organizations.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-June-03, 09:25

View PostRossoneri, on 2020-June-03, 08:54, said:

This also happened to a pair today in a tournament I was running.

Can you provide the specifics? What tourney was it, when did this happen, and who was the pair?

#6 User is offline   vEBU451175 

• Pip

Posted 2020-August-02, 14:14

The same thing happened to someone I know during a tournament that I wasn't directing.

They were online and waiting, received the welcome message at the start of the tourney but then found themselves not at a table and replaced by robots. They were clearly disadvantaged by not being able to play the first round.

If it happens during a tournament I'm directing I'd like to know what the appropriate course of action is. Presumably the tracking data exists to check whether or not they were online at the start of the tournament. Is the TD (or the disadvantaged player) entitled to ask for tracking data? And to whom do we direct the request for the tracking data?

If it is proven they were online and were ejected by the server in error, what should we do about scoring the deals they missed? It would seem fair to make the scores 50/50 regardless whether the robots do well or badly - but what are the precedents?

#7 User is offline   bjacobs 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-August-02, 18:50

Sounds suspiciously like BBO is re-testing its "automatic supply of robots to a table with a sitout" feature, and not getting it right.

#8 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-August-03, 00:56

View PostvEBU451175, on 2020-August-02, 14:14, said:

The same thing happened to someone I know during a tournament that I wasn't directing.

They were online and waiting, received the welcome message at the start of the tourney but then found themselves not at a table and replaced by robots. They were clearly disadvantaged by not being able to play the first round.

If it happens during a tournament I'm directing I'd like to know what the appropriate course of action is. Presumably the tracking data exists to check whether or not they were online at the start of the tournament. Is the TD (or the disadvantaged player) entitled to ask for tracking data? And to whom do we direct the request for the tracking data?

If it is proven they were online and were ejected by the server in error, what should we do about scoring the deals they missed? It would seem fair to make the scores 50/50 regardless whether the robots do well or badly - but what are the precedents?

If they really weren't at fault then they should get 60/60 rather than 50/50 if you cancel the board, but since you are in the EBU you might alternatively like to look at the Sky-blue Book and consider applying its approach to substitutes in online games.
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

#9 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-03, 01:05

We can check what happened if we are given the pair usernames (or at least one of the players), the tourney number and a date.

That said every single time we had such reports the reasons were:

- players did not register at all, to begin with.
- one of the players was not online at start
- one of the players was online but not available (eg playing an Instant Tournament or a match or another tourney)
- one of the players did not have enough BB$ in his balance (bec they went to play something else while waiting for the game to start)

Everyone who is in the tourney lobby when the tourney starts would see the tournament Welcome message, not just people who are registered. So the fact they saw Welcome only means they were in the tourney screens but not that they were also registered.

#10 User is offline   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-03, 04:38

On the tourney vEBU451175 refers to:

Confirmed one of the players was playing an instant tournament at the time of the seating call.

That caused the pair to miss the seating call.

Also, allavail was not used.

Specific details in private message as requested.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users